Shame on all of you.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With an operating speed of 9,000 rpm versus the 290's 13,000, the Jonsie would need an 11-tooth sprocket to come close to the Mighty Farm Boss' chain speed and a 12-tooth to beat it, assuming same pitch chains...

Ford 832 - I'm NOT beating up on your saw, just having fun with math. Congrats on the new rig.

Hey Bump_r, I got a 49cc Partner 5000 that I will run against your 290 56cc-57cc, It runs 13,300 out of the wood stock with carb gov still attached. I will even run 3/8's chain to try and slow it down in the cut from all the drag.:hmm3grin2orange:

I had a look on that site already cut4fun.good technical info but I was more looking for the good(if any)and bad points,history and general type info.Troll???

Sorry, but the link in post 4 contains about all I know about the 535..........

I hardly believe the 535 was a high point in the Jonsered lineup, probably meant for consumer/"farmer" use, as the 2051 appeared at about the same time, with alot more power and speed........

Last edited:
With an operating speed of 9,000 rpm versus the 290's 13,000, the Jonsie would need an 11-tooth sprocket to come close to the Mighty Farm Boss' chain speed and a 12-tooth to beat it, assuming same pitch chains... ....

You got that pretty good messed up, the 9000 is max power rpms, and the 13000 is max allowed rpms - not the same thing.........:hmm3grin2orange:

Ah the 535 Classic. 50.9 cc open transfer,with a horizontal split crankcase.
2.3 kw rated,an OK preformer but no 590 by any means. Jonsered claimed
it was the largest selling saw family(510,520 525,450,455) in the elux group
although I suspect the Husky 50 series has out sold it by now.

Not a 2051 either......

I believe they were called "classic", and had the silver top, just the last year or two of production (1992/93).

Hey Bump_r, I got a 49cc Partner 5000 that I will run against your 290 56cc-57cc, It runs 13,300 out of the wood stock with carb gov still attached. I will even run 3/8's chain to try and slow it down in the cut from all the drag.:hmm3grin2orange:

Against the MIGHTY Farm Boss!!?? Are you nuckin' futz? Seriously, (1) time to steer the thread back to it's original line (2) The Boss ain't a race saw, just comparing spec against one of the few Huskies that the 290 might come close to.

You got that pretty good messed up, the 9000 is max power rpms, and the 13000 is max allowed rpms - not the same thing.........:hmm3grin2orange:

Already addressed, Troll, but I'll throw in another tooth.;) Chain set-up and operator technique has as much to do with max rpm versus "operating rpm" as saw design and specs... Cutting efficiency, effectiveness and such, well that's a whole new ball game. (EDIT) You are saying peak power RPM as in p curve plotted out. I get it. Where does the MIGHTY Farm Boss make it's best power? I gotta find that and tune my ear to that so I can find the sweet spot in the cut. But with the 290, it's ALL a sweet spot!

I do think it'd be a good idea to file chains to specs for each of my saws and compare max rpm (cutting air at WOT) versus in the wood cutting rpm. Thanks for the idea! Whatdo ya think th egoal should be, 2/3 bar length in wood? 1/2? 3/4? What would be a "typical" log-load on a given saw? Not many around here do full-bar length too often. So much for going back on topic. Sorry.

Last edited:
I think Jonsered John answered your question cut4fun,it's set up very similar to the old 350 Husky but the only plastic is the recoil cover and top cover.I like the way it's set up when you pull the top cover-everything couldn't be more accessable.Have at 'er bump'r-I find it all very interesting-and funny.
Hmmmmm....so I guess I have a low point of the Jred line-underpowered,overweight,low revving fugly slug:rock: (I thought as much when I looked it over but still glad I got it)On the other hand,it seems out of character for a Jonsered.....now where did I put those "Stihl" stickers:laugh:

Back