Shipping Delay

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year would have been a payday when we were kids going door to door with shovels in hand.
Now my divorced neighbor can't even get her live in 20 something year olds to help out.
There are other able kids on the street equally unambitious.

Damn shame ain't it?

My dad caught me pushing the lawn mower back in the yard when I was 8.

I figured he'd give me hell for using it at such a young age. That's not how it went.

Dad: Where have you been with my mower?

Me: I mowed Mrs. Smith's grass

Dad: Did Mrs. Smith pay you?

Me: Yeah, she gave me 5 dollars.

Dad: Then half of that is mine........if you wanna mow peoples grass you either buy a damn mower or give me half.

Kids these days are so phucked.

Damn shame ain't it?

My dad caught me pushing the lawn mower back in the yard when I was 8.

I figured he'd give me hell for using it at such a young age. That's not how it went.

Dad: Where have you been with my mower?

Me: I mowed Mrs. Smith's grass

Dad: Did Mrs. Smith pay you?

Me: Yeah, she gave me 5 dollars.

Dad: Then half of that is mine........if you wanna mow peoples grass you either buy a damn mower or give me half.

Kids these days are so phucked.
From the way it looks I was the last of the working generation.there's a few kids that will work these days.very few.
had a couple of boys tell me how hard they worked in the tobacco patch.then I lit in talkin and they shut up.:laugh: Told them to start braggin' when they graduated from 1 acre up to 25.:laughing:

Damn shame ain't it?
So it's not just here.

I can't lift a filled shovel much now but delighted in taking the tractor down the road to do the all the old widower's driveways, no charge of course. I just like pushing snow around.
Unfortunately they've all passed on and we're moving up to the top of the ladder on the street.

My daughter shoveled our drive way twice yesterday. She had signed up for a weightlifting class at school, but schools been cancelled all week, so she decided this would give her a head start. I like the way she thinks! (My snow shovel has an ash handle and a steel blade, weighs in at about 15lbs.)

I blame the parents just as much as the kids regarding work ethics. My kids had off school today because of temps. i told them to shovel and bring in wood. It was done by 11.

My daughter turned 16 last year. She said she wanted her drivers licence. I told her looks like you need to gets a jobby job to pay your insurance. She worked all last summer and saved enough.

If you don't have kero or fuel conditioner a little bit of pump gas stops things from jelling too.

Don't forget outside home fuel tanks with #2 will jell also, you need to run kero in winter or have the tank inside.

P.S. it's when the street signs get hidden you know it's winter
What's the Ratio? ;)

1 cup per 2 gallon.
I was trying to start an oil debacle in Moobs Thread: thank you for keeping things ship shape.

I remember dad shooting about a gallon of gas in his Diesel Lincoln welder that had been sitting for the better part of a decade, sticking the torch in there after turning the oxygen on, and "mix" it up.

It Worked Like A Charm.

Randy,
I'm going to box up a bunch of this almost 80° heat we're having and send it your way so you can ship those saws.

Im not trying to rub it in on the temps either. 80 in Feb sucks!! I've got the rest of the year to sweat my ass off, it doesn't need to start this early.

Hope you and everyone back there thaws out soon.

It stopped snowing here. But that is subject to change at any moment. It snowed Wednesday night into Thursday dumping another 6-8" on us. Then it was sunny most of the morning. Then it started snowing again, another 2", so we had to go back out and clean up again. On top of it all, supposed to snow again this weekend and that storm will be chased by rain. Glad I kept up with this mess and cleared the roof already :)

Randy,
I'm going to box up a bunch of this almost 80° heat we're having and send it your way so you can ship those saws.

Im not trying to rub it in on the temps either. 80 in Feb sucks!! I've got the rest of the year to sweat my ass off, it doesn't need to start this early.

Hope you and everyone back there thaws out soon.

I've got about ten saws done and ready to ship.......they are all outta here on Monday.

My armpit is galded from pulling the shift lever in and out on the 4x4 between clear spots and drifts. Wouldn't trade it for cottonmouths and timber rattlers though.

We have the rattlers......but no cottonmouths here on the plateau.....thank goodness. Water moccasins scare me more than any other snake.

Drove the ole Dodge Diesel out of the garage this morning. 33°F inside the garage. As I drove to work with temperature outside at -5°F, the clutch pedal got stiffer and stiffer to push.....hydraulic fluid was getting thick as it cooled down.....Now that's cold!!!!

Back