Shirt swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekka

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a brand new Large Aussie size 18 (fits me and I'm 220 pounds 5'10"!), OH&S compliant hi-vis, moisture control, SPF50, embroidered shirt to swap with some-one.

Post a pic of your offer ...

attachment.php

Ekka, okay I will offer something up. I have not before now because that looks like a really nice shirt and mine is just a t-shirt. I have a polo coming from Key Largo today, but it is still not as nice as that one. I'll post that one when it gets here.

Last edited:
Hey Rolla

It's because we are required to wear high visibility colours, so too are truck drivers etc ... you'll see a lot of people wearing them in outdoor jobs etc.

A truck driver was crushed to death by a fork truck loading when the fork truck driver couldn't see him ... now with high visability no problems.

Hey VH, What size is that polo shirt, got an XL?

Yes it is an XL. Just know, it is nothing like the quality you have shown above. Mine is kind of like t-shirt material only in a polo.

Well GICON there's a big difference, I too used to wear cotton shirts years ago.

For starters these are SPF50 and fluro bright, so you can been seen and wont get sunburn.

The fabric is a special microfibre that "breathes", they call it moisture control, just doesn't feel like a wet rag hanging on you (its always hot here).

They are quite long in the body so the bottom of the shirt doesn't ride up and let sawdust down your dacks.

Also, I found it washes up really well and the sawdust doesn't get too stuck in the fibres.

I take 2 to work and if one gets really sweaty I just hang it up somewhere grab the second one ... they do dry out reasonable quick.

Also, they hold their shape really well and don't fall apart in the wash ... no shrinking either.

T-shirts tend not to have a collar and you get burnt on the back of the neck. So, you can buy bright T-shirts but once you work in these you'll never go back ... but beware, there are lots of BS imitations out there ...

It's gotta be HARD YAKKA brand. :)

OK VH, you got a deal, I'll PM you with my details and vice versa.

To polo or not to polo

I have given this subject considerable thought and was hoping to get some outside insight. I think that a polo shirt gives your team a more professional look and possibly helps to keep you from being put in the "redneck with a saw", category. However, does a shirt with a collar hurt your team in any way, does it make you look like you are afraid of getting dirty?

I'm embrassed to put a picture of my shirt on next to yours Ekka. I'm going to have to see about getting some of those.

OK

Why don't you guys post pics of your "redneck" T-Shirts ... this will be funny, the grottier the better. :)

pistol pete said:
I have given this subject considerable thought and was hoping to get some outside insight. I think that a polo shirt gives your team a more professional look and possibly helps to keep you from being put in the "redneck with a saw", category. However, does a shirt with a collar hurt your team in any way, does it make you look like you are afraid of getting dirty?

Pistol Pete, the men that wear the polo shirts in our company do mostly quoting.

Hey VH

Look what I got in the mail today.

Thanks, nice too, fits well, all cotton ... really nice, not for work though just casual wear! :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

How 'bout a sweat stained (very minor holes) PNW-ISA Jamboree t-shirt? Size XL. Just send me one of your old work shirts that has an arborist company name or logo on it.

I have several other tree shirts to trade (with slightly larger holes &/or sweat staining) that are perfectly serviceable. All must be size XL or 2XL. We each pay our own shipping.

Arboreally yours,
Ox

TREE Fun(d) Redwood Climb

Back