Should a 372xp be able to bog and wet 12-20 inch Pine?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, i used to live in Telluride, Co. Elevation 9,860 ft. I used a chainsaw daily then building log homes. They certainly were tuned for the elevation. My observations, we ran both Huskys and Stihls. Huskies were always the hard starter but probably the better cutter.
"T' 'ell u ride "
I recall the nick name quite clearly now.
Every time I mentioned Co and the mountains, my X would tell me of a girlfriend that was from there and what they would call it. Memories.
Beautiful place. I grew up on the ocean with a mountain view of the coastal
range. When I went into the interior and had neither, I always thought I was longing for the pacific. It was the
mountain a needed.

Funny thing. Beautiful Lake Louise AB is Canada Highest population
(resort) at 5,600ft.
By the time you get down to the 5th highest elevation city, It said it was about 3,300ft only. (this is true)

Ok guys. Lets have your best Canadian stereotypical (or otherwise) jokes as to why Canadians prefer not to live at elevation?
it all goes... bring it

Maybe it's time to get a Stihl?

Sorry...even that supposedly "good running" 65cc Husky a few pages back looked like pretty weak sauce to me unless it was at 14k feet elevation...I suspect my 59cc 361 would walk right away from it here at sea level, and sound a lot better doing so...:happy:

Sorry...even that supposedly "good running" 65cc Husky a few pages back looked like pretty weak sauce to me unless it was at 14k feet elevation...I suspect my 59cc 361 would walk right away from it here at sea level, and sound a lot better doing so...:happy:
You may have missed the part about the Stihl dealer not seeming to have a clue either so he'd have ended up here anyway most likely.
No apologies needed, the point wasn't that the 365 was a fast saw, but more how it cut in "wet pine" since that's what the title was about. Yes the 361 is a great saw and all, but honestly just as the 365 doesn't do much for me, neither does the 361. I'm not much of a 60cc saw guy as I skip from 50-70 most times, but I guess if you only have one saw, cut mostly small wood, or can't physically handle a larger saw the 361 or any other 60cc saw would do fine.

Why would I want another Stihl I've got enough problems already
Ive got a 038mag fresh rebuttal
155psi at my elevation too.
It's okay I'm not crazy about it .
But I do like a good deal cuz I'm a cheap bastard and I don't mind working on stuff actually I think it's more fun that way

Back