Should be getting a new MS660 tomorrow.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLfirewood

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Last week I bought a new ms261. This week I am going to get a new MS660 with a 30" bar and chain. I'm getting a great deal from a friend on Stihl saws. I'm going to replace all the saws I use the most. After the 660 I'm going to get a 460 and then a 200t. In a month or so I should be covered. I'll have a new 660,460,261,and 200t. I should be set for quite a few years. I'll post pics when I get the saw

Scott

Sounds great! Those saws should last you for years to come!

Someone got some $$$$ burning a hole in their pocket??!

That's right....Pics required!

Sounds great! Those saws should last you for years to come!

Someone got some $$$$ burning a hole in their pocket??!

That's right....Pics required!

Not really I'm going to be selling some saw to offset/pay for these. I can't pass up the deal I am getting. I already have a 066,460,044,and 2 200ts. I don't work on my own saws so I am going to get all new. My saws run good but they have some hours on them. I figure I can sell my other saws and come close to paying for my new ones.

Scott

Last week I bought a new ms261. This week I am going to get a new MS660 with a 30" bar and chain. I'm getting a great deal from a friend on Stihl saws. I'm going to replace all the saws I use the most. After the 660 I'm going to get a 460 and then a 200t. In a month or so I should be covered. I'll have a new 660,460,261,and 200t. I should be set for quite a few years. I'll post pics when I get the saw

Scott
That's going to be a great stable of saws, new saw rep headed your way!

If your friend can get you really good prices ask him about getting you the dual port factory muffler covers for the 660 & 460. Install the dp covers and retune then youll be a happy man for many years.

I picked up the saw today. I used it to take down a 40" maple this evening. It ran good. I don't know if it's as fast as my 066 but it's not broke in yet either. I got a great deal. I paid $870 out the door. Here are a couple pics.

Scott

Thats a beauty! It will break in and get a little stouter. Mine was'nt quite as strong as my 066 either, but the Dp muffler and MM fixed that. The EPA is the reason that the 660 is'nt quite as strong as the 066, but we know how to fix that. :)

sounds like what I just did .. only no MS261, already got a new old stock 026
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/162046.htm

Scott

Back