Should I keep my 2008 372 xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btmonnat

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I have a 346 xp and a 372 xp. Considering selling both and buying a 562 xp. All i cut is my own firewood used to cut and sell firewood that's why I had both saws. 63 years old now and my 372xp is starting to be hard for me to handle. I have used the 346 mostly over the years and I think it has made me soft. Don't feel I need the power and extra weight of the bigger saw but can still handle it. Will Never sell my 346xp, best saw I ever bought. I did do a muffler mod on it. That alone woke the saw up. Keep the 372 or go with 562xp. Really don't know anything about these autotune saws. Any advice, or tell me your preference.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What would it cost to port it ? And would it shorten the life of the saw ? Thanks for suggesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What would it cost to port it ? And would it shorten the life of the saw ? Thanks for suggesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A standard “woods” port (work saw ported) is not aggressive enough to shorten the life of the saw. You will only see benefits from it. To be on the safe side (with price) id say if you go with someone that has a good rep on this forum for porting you will be looking at around $300 give or take. Some more some less.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

But if your interested i have a 562 i could sell.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

I'm confused. In your first post you mention selling both the 346 and 372 to buy a 562. Personally I'd pass on that option. Then you mention never selling the 346. So if you're talking about just selling the 372 and picking up a 562, that's more reasonable. Might even consider a 555. Cheaper and same bar mount as the 346.

I have a 562 and a 2171(red OE 372) and for me they do different work. With a 20" bar the 562 leaves very little to be desired compared to the '71. I wouldn't want to run a bigger bar on the 562 though. The 562 feels like a 60cc saw and the jred feels like a 70 in my hands. The 562 has a muffler mod and the 2171 is bone stock. I had a 6100 Dolmar for a minute and while that felt like it had power for a bigger bar it handled like a 372 too.

A few weeks back I took both to help a friend block up a large red oak log. I used the Husky 20" for noodling the tic tac toe pattern from the end and the 2171 24" to cross cut. The husky ran dry so I finished with the jred. It was not any faster noodling.
20190828_165418.jpg

those are two of the best saws made , i would keep both , use the 372 xp only when needed in larger wood , it will go up in value if kept in nice condition .
It is in like new condition because only used it to cut an old hard maple that was 35" on stump. Got almost 12 cord of wood if I remember rite. Always figured I had a good combo. Thanks

Thanks everyone after reading all of this, I guess I am good to go. I am going to replace my bar on the 372 with a sugihara. Put a 18" on the 346 a few years ago with a stihll chisel chain and that thing will cut for a light saw. 2 guys bought one after running mine. Thanks all, appreciate the money you saved on advice given.

I just didn’t think you’d be happy replacing those.

Husky makes a tech lite in 20” and 28” for the large mount on your 372 if you want to try and save some weight. I have one and it is quite nice

The 60cc saw has its place, I again will say that I don’t think it’s a replacement only an addition along the models you have :)

If either is running so so I would bring them to a reputable tuner and spend a couple hundred on one for a makeover.

I'm confused. In your first post you mention selling both the 346 and 372 to buy a 562. Personally I'd pass on that option. Then you mention never selling the 346. So if you're talking about just selling the 372 and picking up a 562, that's more reasonable. Might even consider a 555. Cheaper and same bar mount as the 346.
No I am the one that's confused but for a very short time I thought about one saw. After rereading my thoughts I could never get rid of the 346 because I use it most and no I could not replace it with anything made today that is light and has that kind of power. That little saw has impressed me most of any saw I purchased.

Back