Shoulda stood in bed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Loaded up for a trip to the Willow clearing project at Von's. Stopped for breakfast in town, tailgate open, ditty box with 1gal bar oil, 1 gal fresh mix saw fuel, couple wedges a scrench and a vice grip c-clamp missing. retraced route, nothing found. Mixed new gallon fuel, grabbed new gallon oil and headed back out. off highway and only halfway up the field edge toward the work site and was stuck, one wheel in mud other on sod. Truck is old and if it ever had positrction is is shot so it is basically a 1x truck. Managed to get back on solid ground by jamming chain and wads of dry gass under the wheel. Canceled plans to work at Von's for several more days and headed to Tim's to work on his woodlot clearance project. Arrive, drop tailgate to find the new gallon of fuel now on it's side and 3/4 empty. Checked with Tim and he supplied enough fuel to get to work.

did get a lot done once I got started and got to play with his dozer to pull half the down tree closer to the fire pile.

Harry K

On the tractor I use a big plastic tool box on the forks to haul my firewood tools. I haul stuff loose in the back of the truck when I go elsewhere and I always double and triple check to make sure everything is secure. Also never set anything under or behind the truck or tractor.

Loaded up for a trip to the Willow clearing project at Von's. Stopped for breakfast in town, tailgate open, ditty box with 1gal bar oil, 1 gal fresh mix saw fuel, couple wedges a scrench and a vice grip c-clamp missing. retraced route, nothing found. Mixed new gallon fuel, grabbed new gallon oil and headed back out. off highway and only halfway up the field edge toward the work site and was stuck, one wheel in mud other on sod. Truck is old and if it ever had positrction is is shot so it is basically a 1x truck. Managed to get back on solid ground by jamming chain and wads of dry gass under the wheel. Canceled plans to work at Von's for several more days and headed to Tim's to work on his woodlot clearance project. Arrive, drop tailgate to find the new gallon of fuel now on it's side and 3/4 empty. Checked with Tim and he supplied enough fuel to get to work.

did get a lot done once I got started and got to play with his dozer to pull half the down tree closer to the fire pile.

Harry K

This is interesting, never tried it myself though.

Latest posts

Back