Show me your Ford truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought an f-250 6 liter deisel a few months ago. Ford had the 0% 72 months, so I went for it. Love it. Will post pics as soon as I find the usb for the camera.

My 97 F-150 4x4 with the 4.6L

attachment.php

Kevin

It is a Ford in all but the names on the grille, side markings, and rear tailgate. There are parts under the hood with the Ford oval on them.Think there is a big M on the steering wheel as well. Other than that identical to a Ranger 4 litre XLT.The manufacturers label says "Made by Ford in the USA". I have gotten into discussions with people before who insisted it is a Japanese truck.

From Wikipedia:

The 4.0 version, although produced in Cologne like the others, was only fitted to American vehicles. The pushrod OHV engine was produced until 2000 and was used in the Ford Explorer and Ranger. Output was 160 hp (119 kW) and 225 ft·lbf (305 N·m). Though there is some variation, typically 155 hp is quoted as horsepower for 1990-92 applications.

Applications:

Ford Ranger/Mazda B-Series(1994 and newer Mazda B-Series only.)
Ford Explorer/Mazda Navajo
Cross Lander 244X
Ford Aerostar (1990-1997)

Surprisingly the above research indicates the engine was made by Ford all right but in Cologne, Germany, and imported into the States. Guess auto making these days is a true international affair-all your Chevy Impalas and Ford Crown Vics come from Ontario for eg.

Last edited:
Jumper said:
It is a Ford in all but the names on the grille, side markings, and rear tailgate. There are parts under the hood with the Ford oval on them.Think there is a big M on the steering wheel as well. Other than that identical to a Ranger 4 litre XLT.The manufacturers label says "Made by Ford in the USA". I have gotten into discussions with people before who insisted it is a Japanese truck.

From Wikipedia:

The 4.0 version, although produced in Cologne like the others, was only fitted to American vehicles. The pushrod OHV engine was produced until 2000 and was used in the Ford Explorer and Ranger. Output was 160 hp (119 kW) and 225 ft·lbf (305 N·m). Though there is some variation, typically 155 hp is quoted as horsepower for 1990-92 applications.

Applications:

Ford Ranger/Mazda B-Series(1994 and newer Mazda B-Series only.)
Ford Explorer/Mazda Navajo
Cross Lander 244X
Ford Aerostar (1990-1997)

Surprisingly the above research indicates the engine was made by Ford all right but in Cologne, Germany, and imported into the States. Guess auto making these days is a true international affair-all your Chevy Impalas and Ford Crown Vics come from Ontario for eg.

Sounds like a no to me, lol.:laugh: But post it if you like.

Jumper said:
Maybe it will be worth more on resale as we all know the Japanese make better vehicles than Americans:biggrinbounce2: LOL

Nice bait Jumper.:laugh:

Back