Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm jumping on this thread right at the end... seems like people are happy with their saws. I know indiansprings will have his video's up soon with the saw arriving any day, but I did find this video and thought I'd put it up to whet the appetite.

And hopefully it wasn't posted previously. After page 18 I started jumping back and forth through the thread following conversations until I reached the end. Could have missed it!

[video=youtube_share;pJPOgDhAW6Q]http://youtu.be/pJPOgDhAW6Q[/video]

Last edited:
Simon I talked to you last night on the phone about getting a 372xp done by you still in the plans but I purchased a new Solo 681 just alittle while ago would like to hear your thoughts is it possible to get some more out of this saw any possible piston upgrades 460/272 maybe have wider skirts what do you think
My knowledge on those saws is relatively limited buddy.

I like to think I can sharpen ok so thanks Mike for the saying I did a good job, I can only smile when I run that saw which is most days !

RR good post, keep the photo's coming! I can tell the weather there is a little different than it is here today. It's only 101 in the shade with the humidity high as hell. We're working from about daylight until 10:30 and calling it quits for the day.

Hope you get your saw soon want to see the Vids,,, Take it easy in that heat guy,,, It was 64°F @10:00 AM and 11°C @ 0600 here in Victoria, BC Will be taking one of mine to Will's tomorrow evening,,,,, and were gonna tweak on it a bit!!!!!:rock: And drink a few Canadian Barley/Hop Pops!!!!!:msp_tongue:

LOLOL!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

The saw in vid flat hold's some rpm in the wood and somebody has done a great job on the chain good work.

Mike

My saw holds the RPM the same way,,, and when broken in it will be even better,,,, Ive been running a 32" bar with semi-skip chain and it really amazes me how hard it pulls in solid hardwood,,, Lots of torque!!!!

Hope you get your saw soon want to see the Vids,,, Take it easy in that heat guy,,, It was 64°F @10:00 AM and 11°C @ 0600 here in Victoria, BC Will be taking one of mine to Will's tomorrow evening,,,,, and were gonna tweak on it a bit!!!!!:rock: And drink a few Canadian Barley/Hop Pops!!!!!:msp_tongue:

LOLOL!!!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Ya! should be good. I'm hoping you can leave it with me and I'll ship it back to ya if you want me to do the full build, will take more then a couple hours! LOL.

Will

Well, just had a good visit with Mr River Rat. He came by and brought his 460, its in really nice shape. Will be a good build off saw. He also brought a episian 064 piston to try, but the skirts are narrower then stock, so that's not going to work. Going to check out a Meteor.

BC build off eh. That would be cool, are you doing a 460 for the build off Simon?

The 2 things I miss the most about living in the US is gravy on my fries, and the wisdom of Don Cherry.
I think you would derive an equal amount of wisdom from the gravy. Don is a Canadian icon but his brain would fit comfortably in a shot-glass.

Latest posts

Back