Simonized saws.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a member ship me an 066 this week and then told me how much i needed to send him. ive also got a 385xp that should be here on monday that a member sent before i sent payment. so yeah lots of stuff is sent before the payment arrives around here. so no simon your not the lone ranger

Sorry guys, I jumped the gun a bit there. I am just upset that I am being subjected to unwarranted accusations. I guess it is always about $$$$$ and competition. Again, my apologies.

i had a member ship me an 066 this week and then told me how much i needed to send him. ive also got a 385xp that should be here on monday that a member sent before i sent payment. so yeah lots of stuff is sent before the payment arrives around here. so no simon your not the lone ranger

I wasn't going to chime in on this one, just get my daily dose of entertainment, but I think most of the people here have a lot of integrity. I have a lot of respect for most people here, even though I have only met a couple of members face to face. I have traded here before sight unseen and just on another member's word. This forum is a place where there are a lot of working people here who know what it's like to earn what they have, that says integrity. Just my 2cents.

Actually a lot of us do, and we were doing business that way long before you came around.

Many's the time I've shipped parts and saws on someone's word and I have yet to be burned here.

Oh? You want to think about that awhile and maybe rephrase it? You probably didn't mean to be insulting...but you were.

Yup. Its true. JJ has been more then fair to me over the years, I just hope I've returned the favor to him enough. I've givin lots of stuff away to members for 0$, actually in fact lost money, shipping cost. Not that I'm worried about it, I'm sure others can say the same, people have sent me things at no charge and ate the shipping cost.

No longer then I have been on here I have noticed that there are a lot of good hearted, trustworthy, and honest people on here. And I have honestly been amazed with the number of those people that are on here. I have also noticed that whenever someone does a good deed or if something positive happens that will usually be noted on here with just a few posts. But on the flip side if someone has a gripe with someone or if they hear something bad about someone there will all of a sudden be 20 pages of some of the nastiest posts that you will ever read. I hate to say it but that is really sad to see!! I can honestly say that if I ever have a problem or hear something bad about someone I will PM that individual or give them a call to work it out.
That is unless the individual being talked about is tlandrum, then if I have to I will make up some good and nasty stuff about Terry just to aggravate him. lol

All I can add is I sent a stock MS460 to Simon, before it was sent we took a 24" dia ash log and with a new chain did a video of the before. After the saw came back, which took some time due to the Canadian Postal Strike, me having issues with the postmaster, all the time that log just got more seasoned. When the saw came back, we did an after video which was posted on here, same exact log was used and the same chain, which we just took off and hung up on a nail until the saw got back. The after video showed an average of like a 39.?% average improvement in cutting time with the best slightly over 40% improvement in cutting time. The saw gets the snot run out of it every week, almost everyday, it runs wot no load at 15,300 and has fantastic throttle response. It has clearly showed us that a woods ported work saw can and will pay for itself with the increased productivity it brings to the table. Don't know the politics involved or the circumstances mentioned, but I couldn't be happier with the results of my particular saw.
We're just pretty simple guys, in our part of the world we cut what is considered a lot of firewood, although there are many on here that dwarf our 375-400 cord output, we're just wood cutters and farmers these days, but I can tell you that this particular saws performance before and after is just amazing to guys that hadn't run a bunch of ported saws. We've ran it against my cousin who logs for a living and has for 30 years on his own, third generation logger's stock MS 660 and the Simonized 460 eats it alive, both saws wearing 25" bars. There are many good modders out there, anyone sending a saw to be modded should check out who they are sending their saw to anyway, not only to discuss the expectations, how "hot" they want the saw modded, whether to make it more of a cookie cutter or one that will go to the woods and work all day, one should get references, I remember not too long ago guys sending saws and payment and never seeing their saw again. The main point I want to make is don't let a thread like this discourage you from sending a saw to one of the reputable, proven porters on AS, a good woods port will make your current stock saw seem anemic, sick, in my line of work you will get the return on the 250.00 spent by increased productivity. I've seen no effects on longevity at all, it likes to drink the gas, but it's almost cutting twice the wood in the same period of time. For the amount of money spent it's one of the most fun things you can do for the money, whether you cut five cord or 500, everyone likes running a hotrod. You want to run a Civic or drive a ZL-1 Camaro, one will put a smile on your face.
Thanks Doug, sorry about the acrimony.

new saw

Been running my Simonized 460 for a week now and have to say its my favorite saw now. Still as light as a 460 but chews through the wood faster then a stock 660...just dog in and go. Sure it goes through a bit more gas, but the amount of production I get out of it is nothing in comparison. Very impressed with the work and the speed at which my saw was returned. Thanks Simon, will be back for more saws in the future

Last edited:
Yup. Its true. JJ has been more then fair to me over the years, I just hope I've returned the favor to him enough. I've givin lots of stuff away to members for 0$, actually in fact lost money, shipping cost. Not that I'm worried about it, I'm sure others can say the same, people have sent me things at no charge and ate the shipping cost.

BTW Will,,, your bubble Black,,,, Cosmetically Less that pefect 7900 cover was shipped yesterday,,,

what you guys whoopin on Simon about????

seems as though everyone gets a turn in the bag around here. its just a matter of time. slip up and your bagged for a beat down. keep you nose clean your head high and dealings up front and stay away from the bag.

how far are you from port angeles simon ?very far from victoria express ferry terminal ?

That says it all. I've always liked simon's style. I've seen too many builder's work bragged upon in this site just to have a mass turnaround and virtual lynching later. Truth is you're taking the word of any man who builds saws when you buy from them--doesn't matter how many videos they post. The fact that simon doesn't blow smoke up your ass is refreshing. I like it.

I swore it off, but LOL. Lol. Lololol.

The only thing I'm more interested in than building and running chainsaws is learning how to build and run them better. I don't care about fast, they're too fast now. Sharper, torquey-er better starting, yes. I take a little from each guy, like the logger yesterday that uses 100 LL. Cool, got some. How about Stumper finding out the hard way that 40-1 Klotz was gumming up his new Husky? Check. (I already knew not to run 40-1 in my Stihl.) Got some 50-1 Aviation grade Bel-Ray synthetic now. What do you offer, Fish?

Back