Single Mom looking at Redmark GS2500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have helped and been helped by several other members. I'll be glad to offer it up here, as well. My wife has already volunteered to "supervise".....

B200,
you're all right by me. I got a few friends who drive 737's and A318's and their good guys too. It's the G550 and Challenger dudes I steer clear of :).
A

Because she's smart!

LOL!

That's what she needs......a few hundred fools at her door that smell of two stroke and bar oil!:cheers:

/

you say that like its a bad thing....some of the nicest guys in the world smell like 2 stroke, diesel and mogas. Salt of the earth type people.

Yes I know you are joking...you spend too much time here to be serious. ;)

I have a NEW RedMax G2500TS in stock.....
Scott,

Are these new in the U.S. this year?

In a post above I liked to a pic from the Zenoah site, they seem to have some models that are not available in the U.S. and that was possibly one of them.

I didn't see a 2500 rear handle though.

The one I like is the 3700, not sold in the U.S. either. Do you know if they will bring this model to the U.S.? It's available with a 1/4" pitch option also. 37.2cc in approx. a 9.5 lbs. package. Just above the model number it says, "compact pro saw" in katakana. :)

G37_42_img_01.gif

Also, is the 3200 being offered in the U.S. now? Chainsawsculpture sells them, so they are re-badged as a RedMax. They offer a couple models in Japan that don't seem to be offered here in the 3200 as well. Do you show the 3200 rear handle as being offered in the U.S. also? If so, do you know the pricing? That would make a good little saw for a single mother, IMO.

Since she hasn't answered, could it be the overpowering pungent wiff of testosterone that has caused her to pass out? It's worse than de-railed ammonia train ...........:laugh:

RD

If that little Redmax is a top handle, just say no. Top handle saws are for professional tree climbers, not for amateurs on the ground.

Ryobi 10532? Yes, if you get somebody local to sort it out for you, those things got returned to stores and resold as refurbs because there are a few minor problems with them.

Stihl 181/211 wouldn't be bad, but if there is a trustworthy local Dolmar dealer a PS350/PS420 would probably be better.

Do I need to repost Brad and Anna'a video of the 420?
I think I will. Not only is it easy to start, but it's a 42cc saw that cuts more like a 50cc saw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Those compression release buttons are my friends. I don't know if all saws have them, but they make starting up saws more userette friendly. Look for that feature. Then, make your saw look girly so the guys won't want to use it. :) I put stick on rhinestones and Barbie Stickers on mine. Welcome to the site.

I like rhinestones and barbie stickers

just cause i like my saws all orange with no white, might i suggest the husqy 339?

if you are in landscape sales, you might check with some of your clients about who the best small engine shop around is. buy from them so you have the service to back up your product.

remember, we may know saws, but we are sitting at our computers, not shelling out cash. ultimately follow your gut.

not a lot of love for the echos around here.

don't let it fool you though.
echo makes several saws that would suit you needs. echo's cs-370, or cs-400 for example. echos are generally are easy starting, well made, and backed by a five year consumer warranty.
not exactly 'pro-saw' designs, but far better than most 'homeowner grade' equipment.

best o luck.
v

not a lot of love for the echos around here.

don't let it fool you though.
echo makes several saws that would suit you needs. echo's cs-370, or cs-400 for example. echos are generally are easy starting, well made, and backed by a five year consumer warranty.
not exactly 'pro-saw' designs, but far better than most 'homeowner grade' equipment.

best o luck.
v
i know

Since she hasn't answered, could it be the overpowering pungent wiff of testosterone that has caused her to pass out? It's worse than de-railed ammonia train ...........:laugh:

RD
I guess there's another side to the coin...a lady walks into a lumberjack camp and asks what type of saw would be good for a single Mom...:rolleyes:

I see alot of members are recommending the plastic stihl 210??? try a Dolamr PS350 or PS420 they start real easy and have great power and are built as a PRO saw not a clamshell design..

Scott

Scott -

I thought you would be over the brand bashing technique to try to achieve sales by now. If you reread the thread a bit they are recommending the 211. This is a new stihl model btw....I know based on previous posts that stihl isn't predominat in your area so this may be a news flash for you.

Why do you have a discontinued 2500 redmax still in stock? Maybe your tactics are achieving great sales results, but imo they get a bit old.
Regards

For what it's worth...for the ladys sake.

My Wife runs a Stihl MS250. She picked it out herself, as she's not but a wisp of a gal and the 250 is light enough for her but has the power needed for dropping and bucking stuff up to 24" regularly.

She chose the Stihl because of the dealer bieng good people and his track record of service in the community.

My advice would be to pick a good dealer, then handle the saws and find what fits. Every brand has some good saws that will fit your needs, it's good servicing dealers that are tough to find.;)

Good luck to ya!!!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

But, if you need a bigger saw, I run 440s regularly without much trouble--if I keep in practice, my friend has a 361 because she likes to cut faster than with a little saw (and also developed "the thring the guys don't tell you about saws" theory) and another woman at work got a 460 to use for when a road is blocked.

So, if you need a bigger one, that's ok because of the compression release button. Stihl doesn't make a 440 anymore though.:cry:

The dealer thing is very important. I'd have bought another brand if that was what the good guys sold.

She is looking for something that will start easily and reliably. I think everyone who has not tried an easy start Stihl should go try one. Decompression valves are fine if you're going to use the saw alot, and get used to it. You still have to give a good rift on the cord.

Laurie, you really need to go try a 211 easy start before you plunk any money down anywhere. I have several saws, and actually more Husqvarna right now than any other ones. I am not brand specific by any means. The 211 is a completely new design and uses less fuel with less emissions, and makes more power than the preceeding model. It is the most powerful model in that frame and is very lightweight. Being a brand-new model, you can be sure that parts will be available for a very long time should it need any service. I bet if you try one, you'll bring it home.

Scott -

I thought you would be over the brand bashing technique to try to achieve sales by now. If you reread the thread a bit they are recommending the 211. This is a new stihl model btw....I know based on previous posts that stihl isn't predominat in your area so this may be a news flash for you.

Why do you have a discontinued 2500 redmax still in stock? Maybe your tactics are achieving great sales results, but imo they get a bit old.
Regards

Brad I fixed that for YOU

As far as the Redmax 2500's we sold some but sales stopped as soon as the PS3410 was available??? So I sit here with one left? If it bothers you? shall be it.. If I am stihl bashing in your opinion so be it! Let me give you a couple examples of Local Stihl Service... A cust came in looking for a chunk of 1/8 x 3/16 fuel line for a Stihl blower the LOCAL stihl dealer told him 3 to 4 weeks before he would have one??? It was just a stock chunk of hose not even molded???? This morning a cust came in stihl a mid size 0?? probably a 026? had a broken chain adjuster and was looking for parts? Same story from the stihl dealer so he asked if any stihl dealer would have one this morning? I told him he would end up driving a hour plus to find a dealer that was actually open and had parts.. Maybe I should of sold him a intenz bar LOL. So if my post sound like a rant against stihl I have my reasons....

Scott

Brad I fixed that for YOU

As far as the Redmax 2500's we sold some but sales stopped as soon as the PS3410 was available??? So I sit here with one left? If it bothers you? shall be it.. If I am stihl bashing in your opinion so be it! Let me give you a couple examples of Local Stihl Service... A cust came in looking for a chunk of 1/8 x 3/16 fuel line for a Stihl blower the LOCAL stihl dealer told him 3 to 4 weeks before he would have one??? It was just a stock chunk of hose not even molded???? This morning a cust came in stihl a mid size 0?? probably a 026? had a broken chain adjuster and was looking for parts? Same story from the stihl dealer so he asked if any stihl dealer would have one this morning? I told him he would end up driving a hour plus to find a dealer that was actually open and had parts.. Maybe I should of sold him a intenz bar LOL. So if my post sound like a rant against stihl I have my reasons....

Scott

This sounds like a crapy dealer and has nothing to do with him being a Stihl dealer. Really, if he was a Redmax dealer and did not have parts in stock, would that make Redmax bad? No, there again it is a crapy dealer. You may even go as far as saying crapy distributor for setting this dealer up in the first place no matter which brand they sell.

I see alot of members are recommending the plastic stihl 211??? try a Dolmar PS350 or PS420 they start real easy and have great power and are built as a PRO saw not a clamshell design..

Scott

:agree2::agree2::agree2:

Don't spend anything on a lesser product! Watch the video! It will be your one and only saw for small and large.

Do I need to repost Brad and Anna'a video of the 420?
I think I will. Not only is it easy to start, but it's a 42cc saw that cuts more like a 50cc saw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Don't forget the PPE (personal protection equipement)! In effect a pair of chaps(cut proof for a chain saw), eye&ear protection, a helmet and some gloves. It would be extremely unwise for a single mother to risk her health for penuts(PPE will cost about 100$).

The boys around here run around all day without ppe secretly hoping that something minor might happen and that for once in while the wife takes her loving care to the husband and away from the kids!

good luck

I forgot. Don't take a side chaintensioner like C-BE. Save the money and use it on ppe or a stronger saw!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back