Single Mom looking at Redmark GS2500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This sounds like a crapy dealer and has nothing to do with him being a Stihl dealer. Really, if he was a Redmax dealer and did not have parts in stock, would that make Redmax bad? No, there again it is a crapy dealer. You may even go as far as saying crapy distributor for setting this dealer up in the first place no matter which brand they sell.
Around these parts the RedMax dealers don't even keep saws in stock, but most all sport the RedMax sign and will order for you, everywhere that Husky is sold can get RedMax now.

I don't think there is a single dealer around here that has any parts for the RedMax, like I say, none of them even have the saws in stock to physically hold. And 2 of the 3 dealers I asked about them in my area all told me they would order it for me, but wouldn't take it back, once it was ordered that was it. The 3rd one didn't say one way or the other. To me they were both trying to discourage me from ordering one anyway...

If you have a dealer that stands behind it, that's a big plus.

Sounds like the 2500 is a discontinued model though. Beware of a dealer recommending a discontinued model, IMO. That smells a bit funny...

Also, if the 2500 is a top handle, it is not for a single mother, IMO, so if you have a dealer trying to sell old stock and it's a top handle, keep looking for a dealer...

I forgot. Don't take a side chaintensioner like C-BE. Save the money and use it on ppe or a stronger saw!

Good point, why would a pro user like her want any perfectly useful convienience features? They'd probably break and wear out with the 25 cords a week she'll be cutting.:monkey:

Do I need to repost Brad and Anna'a video of the 420?
I think I will. Not only is it easy to start, but it's a 42cc saw that cuts more like a 50cc saw:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s2Jv9I1jGkk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cute kid!:cheers: Yes, the 420 is a great little pro built saw. It's a little heavier than a Stihl 211, but better built.

Good point, why would a pro user like her want any perfectly useful convienience features? They'd probably break and wear out with the 25 cords a week she'll be cutting.:monkey:

That is quite correct! But I assumed that changing a chain on the sidetensioner model is more difficult than with a single screw. I believe that for her as a pro it is easier to bring the extra chain to the dealer for sharpening than handfiling herself. But what do I know! If I am incorrect please feel free to point out my mistakes.
:monkey:

Latest posts

Back