Slamm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slamm got the snots on when he started to whine about Sawtroll being treated like a protected species by other members. He cracked a bit of a hissy fit when people backed Sawtroll instead of him because he couldn't quite understand how people had more respect for Sawtroll than himself. Even though I don't always agree with Niko he's a lot more respected on AS than Sam would have ever been. I actually liked Sam and sent him a few PM's here and there but he carried on like a snotty nosed little brat if anybody didn't agree with him. I did actually agree with him 95% of the time too, but that other 5% was painful...

..... .

Well said my friend! :msp_thumbsup:

...but was that really the only reason he stopped posting here? :confused:

I don't always agree with Niko but he does like Husky's and not much of a Stihl fan and we both ageee our MS 361 is one of the best saws ever made and i don't own any of the saws he hates so we are usually on the same page.:msp_smile:

Yep and I also find the cutting speed too close to call. Especially after I sharpen the semi once...

It's easy getting semi chisel cutting faster than out of the box full chisel but when you start doing a bit of filing and raker work on the full chisel all bets are off :cheers:

It's easy getting semi chisel cutting faster than out of the box full chisel but when you start doing a bit of filing and raker work on the full chisel all bets are off :cheers:

They all need to be filed, right out of the "box" - but some are more in need than others (Carlton).

I think somewhere in the hissy fit he said he wasn't coming back.

You mean this?

Slamm said:
I don't particularly remember pointing out anything about how anything was run, but if the moderator points out that I'm more than welcome to pack up and move on, then I guess that is what I should do.

I'm not the one thats unhappy, I actually have a lot of fun here, but I'm simply and logically pointing out what is going on with Sawtroll, just like everyone else does every week without fail, that in and of itself apparently makes others quite unhappy. I have no problem leaving a place where I'm not welcome, as the whole point of a forum is to share experience and experiences with others, if mine are not welcome, then its best to seek other places.

Later,

Sam

From here. http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/217747-14.htm#post4019133

:laugh: So what? I go by what you post, not by what you happen to own.

Isn't that kinda a back wards statement maybe you should read your own post :clap:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/217747-5.htm

From another member here - "....does contribute every once in awhile, but latley it has gone from banter to even bashing a person's new saw purchase, which is totally uncalled for no matter the brand or model"

Isn't that kinda a back wards statement maybe you should read your own post :clap:

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/217747-5.htm

From another member here - "....does contribute every once in awhile, but latley it has gone from banter to even bashing a person's new saw purchase, which is totally uncalled for no matter the brand or model"

Don't let it get to you. Remember Jim Brown's approach? "Never let on how hard they hit you." Got him into the NFL Hall.

Hearsay assassination, time to go to neutral corners.

Yes, and I think chisel shines in soft wood. I like semi for hard wood, usually dead hard wood.

I use chisel for racing and semi for work. :D

They all need to be filed, right out of the "box" - but some are more in need than others (Carlton).

I 100% agree that Carlton full chisel (LM) needs work and it is one of my least favourite full chisel chains out of the box. Interestingly I think their semi chisel is one of the best out of the box so it's interesting how one manufacturer can get it so right on one chain style and so wrong on another.

I 100% agree that Carlton full chisel (LM) needs work and it is one of my least favourite full chisel chains out of the box. Interestingly I think their semi chisel is one of the best out of the box so it's interesting how one manufacturer can get it so right on one chain style and so wrong on another.

My only experience with Carlton semi chisel is with a 13" loop in .325 .050 on my 339xp, and that was not a good experience. It was seriously dull when new, and never cut really well.

Latest posts

Back