Small rear handled chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Got a buddy who is looking to add a saw, has 335, 51 and 371 in his box now. Looking for something for in the tree and ground for medium sized wood.

In these situarions, I like an 026, or at the most an 036. He is a Husky fan and with the deals you can get via internet on Husky, I might be too.

Rather daring of you to post this here, after moving everyone's posts last week. :p

I think the 346 is comparable to the 026 in weight and power. I have an 026 for bigger cuts aloft.

the 357 is pretty sweet with a 16in bar. i just don't like the new on/off switch. any thing smaller is just a toy or for weekend fire wood cutters.:cool:

what, what, what, my climber has a 14in bar. my 371 has a 18in bar and my 288lite has a 24in bar. the 357 with a 16in bar fits in there perfect. :p

Dual Standards?

O so now we have Dual Standards on where to place a Post? :D

I currently use a 026 pro works well. The 55 rancher is a good saw uses 3/8 chain with 20" bar,55 with 325 and 18" saws are cheap powerful and light what more can you ask for!

Lot's of choices are out there. I have a 10.8 lb Craftsman (Solo 651 SP), a 346 Husky, and soon, a Shindaiwa 488. All have been Greffardized into really powerful machines. 346 is the best. Next up choice would be the Husky 357 over the 036. But eventually I'm getting an Efco 962C which weighs same as the 357 with 0.3 more rated hp.

A second 346 is on its way to me, which I'll get modified. 16 inch bar on one, 20 on the other. Anyone want to buy the Craftsman? It is close to an 036 in cutting speed, but weighs 1.6 lb less.

Saw

We use the Husky 254. They say the 357 has replaced it. So I'd go with the 357. Real good mid. saw for using up in the tree's.

how old are those 254's. the 254 was replaced by the 257 which was then replaced by the 357. it might be time you treat yourself to a new saw. christmas is coming.:D

I rarely use anything other than my top handle saws in a tree. Have used a Husky 40-but thats dated and really has little power gain over my top handles. The Poulan Pro 330 has been up a couple of trees w/me -cheap with good power to weight ratio.

Back