Snow me your presents

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three. "Supposed to" is the key word. I always leave a vent open in the tent or fish house when using one.
Yep, yep. I've got two of the Big Mr Buddy heaters...same philosophy to keep a little ventilation/fresh air. If ya tempt it...liable not to wake up to figure what went wrong.

Boss went nuts on the Stihl Outfitters website. The other blokes got Snap on or Mac tools credits. I got T-shirts, hats, jackets, pens etc.. was a sales contest. Also a chance to win a MS 241, 261, 362, even a grand prize of a 661 !

From a customer I was given some old axes, some very well aged booze gift cards etc.

BUT no snow!!!

a few late gifts arrived yesterday

84ccf14e35ec4cbd81e92805c294a039.jpg

141f8ebad462491fa325aa9c1e34c4c3.jpg

For years people did not know hat to get me.. now they have a idea and they just run with it. I have also a new helmet and suspenders that are back ordered still to arrive and some jackets.

My wife got me a Garmin eTrex 20x to use when we go hiking. We are section hiking on the Long Trail and it will be used to catalog our progress.

View attachment 475151

About 5 years ago I was running and took a fire road from the Appalachian Trail to the blue Ridge Parkway. When I got to the barrier at the Parkway there was an E-Trex laying in a snow bank, the batteries were still good. No tracks on it to determine where it came from.

20160103_205822.jpg 20160103_205839.jpg 20160103_205852.jpg 20160103_205917.jpg 20160103_205937.jpg

My best friend since first grade got me this. And I am not sure if it is my favorite because I had been wanting a set for a long time but was too cheap to buy it or if because she actually paid attention while I was talking and got them for me.

Joe

nice i have the stihl splitting maul is awesome but i still use my sotz monster maul on occasion and those stihl cant hooks are a must. i have a 60 inch one and its awesome

nice i have the stihl splitting maul is awesome but i still use my sotz monster maul on occasion and those stihl cant hooks are a must. i have a 60 inch one and its awesome

The maul is impressive, it really plows through most everything I put in front of it...except for some nasty red elm. I do notice more vibration/shock with this one over my 6lb maul though, and I'm not as accurate with it so far. But it does quick work of knotty oak without much effort. The grain orientation through the hickory handle is nearly perfect.

The cant hook is a 48". I'm interested in seeing how it does, I may upgrade to the 60" but this may be enough for my needs...we'll see. I've really been needing one, cutting a wedge and lever just hasn't been doing the job well.

I believe it's Logrite that makes those cant hooks for Stihl...

I have one in "Logrite blue", but I have an old wood handled cant hook that I like better...

SR

I believe it's Logrite that makes those cant hooks for Stihl...

I have one in "Logrite blue", but I have an old wood handled cant hook that I like better...

SR
That's right...Logrite makes them for Stihl.

View attachment 475987 View attachment 475990 View attachment 475991 View attachment 475992 View attachment 475993

My best friend since first grade got me this. And I am not sure if it is my favorite because I had been wanting a set for a long time but was too cheap to buy it or if because she actually paid attention while I was talking and got them for me.

Joe

So, is she your wife or just best friend?

That is a great gift and will be used!

I have a set of Mitutoyo digital calipers that I bought from my buddy who owns a pawn shop..... I have used them a ton!!!!

The 4 places after the decimal is very nice also.... Reading to ten thousandths

Just best friend, we tried dating for a while in college, it was too weird. Think brother/sister.

Joe

Didn't get anything chainsaw related from the wife and kids so I picked up these Georgia Logging boots today. I tell the wife if its not chainsaw reated or a gun, just take it back. I can't believe she puts up with me:rolleyes:View attachment 474112
What material is the inner lining, cloth or leather?

I had a pair of Carolina insulated loggers one time that had soft leather liners and I loved those boots. It was like putting on a pair of silk undies. The pic you posted looks like it could be leather. I'm headed to their site to try and find out.

Latest posts

Back