Snowmobiles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man i wish i could have a sled!!! When i lived in Illinois we had a set of artic cat jaguars. They were fun. My dad restored them i know they were early 80s maybe. But they were sharp looking and ran good. When i moved down here my Dad bought a Ski Doo formula 1 i believe. It was like a 2001 model. I think it was 700cc twin. He said he almost killed himself on it a few times. So he sold that and never had one since. If i ever do move it will be some where there is alot of snow so i can sled finally!

Picked some lettuce a few minutes ago...

Oh, wait, what was I posting here for originally?? Hmm...

Oh, plumcrazysumbeetch, yes, it is a ton of fun riding a snowmobile. Insane acceleration with a studded sled on ice... our old 89 Indy 500 we used to have was a bundle of fun...

One year, we had one of those melts and refreezes... made for solid real hard pack/ice conditions. Rode the piped and clutched 500 out and to the 'drag strip' nearby... which all it was is a real flat field...

Stopped, and from standstill, gunned it... pinned that ##### WFO, hooked right up and slingshotted me and the sled to 95 mph in just a couple of seconds... damn, that was fun... 10,000 rpm, almost 11,000... we called it the 'Screaming Demon' It had a very unique, loud, but not uncomfortably loud scream to it when it was turning over those rpm's... best I figure, that screamer had about 80 hp. It was replaced by a Formula Z 583... 103 ponies at the crank... that thing is fun too, but lacks the drag launching and banshee scream of the Indy 500, both of which I miss. I will say the suspension on the Formula is far superior to the basically nonexistent damping and rebound of the ancient Polaris.

Later the pipe outlet piece broke, and some other stuff like head gaskets blowing out every couple of years and having to replace the trailing arms inclined us to sell it after we got a stock pipe to slap on it. It was, granted, a very reliable sled. I loved the thing. Started on the first to third pull 95% of the time.

I still have the broken pipe, it's a late 80's to early 90's PSI Racing pipe, from the days where they actually meant performance and had good customer service. They no longer make that pipe... it has an interesting design, curious bubbly pipe, not just a banana with a bulge in it... it has the familiar shape, but with a noticeable 'bubble' right after the middle portion. I will post a pic of the pipe when I remember to.

All I know is it's probably gonna be worth some money in the future, when real performance parts are scarce for the Indy's of the standard chassis, kinda like some of the old real performance parts for the air cooled VW engines and various muscle car V8's... they command some real money. And I might just buy a real clean 80's Indy 500 someday to slap the pipe on, and change the clutch springs and helix too... :D

My F-7 Firecat "Fighter" glamor shots..
P1.jpg

P4.jpg

Me abusing the Fighter..
motivator88370c9dbeb25b9c433aeea-1.jpg

Building a trail for my club..

My good friend Armand and his award winning Rupps.
post-8-054477200201289923867_thumb.jpg

post-8-015400100201289924009_thumb.jpg

Tucker Terra 1000HD..
0213110158.jpg

006-1.jpg

Funny haha..
post-1256-1242224679_thumb.jpg

motivator7640301.jpg

My good friend Pete coming up the Mt behind my house.

My good friend Denny, stuck- again- on his Renegade 800 in Pitsburg NH..Denny is 6'-5"
and standing up..
DSC00418.jpg

Pitsburgh NH @ lunchtime / gas time....it's like this every friday sat and sun...all day..

Youngs.jpg

More glamor...

OT__s_Fighter-1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
NE.jpg

Ride safe, ride->right, don't get a ride in the DART helicopter.. (Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Dartmouth NH)

DART.jpg

Heres my ride, 1996 arctic cat zrt 600, studded track, clutched and piped, Shes gettin old but the few miles
I put on around my house and two or three trips a year to vermont with the gang thats all I need, plus Its now considered a vintage sled so my trail pass is half price...

Latest posts

Back