So how do you get pine sap out?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treemandan

Tree Freak
Reaction score
TD some poplar, yup by the end my microadjuster cam freed up from the last job,

poplarrottenbase005.jpg

poplarrottenbase004.jpg

poplarrottenbase014.jpg

poplarrottenbase017.jpg

That one wasn't so bad. mostly bombed and lowered one or 2 pieces. about 4 hours til it was on the trucks.
Here is the TIP I shot in an adjacent tree. These tree were around 100 foot.

poplarrottenbase018.jpg

About a day and a half which included an hour chipping a pile.4 loads of logs on the F350, 2 on the bucket truck. 1 load of chips and we also blew the bigger one on the ground.

How many guys?

me, Jesse and John. Lots of time waiting while chipping, lots of rake cleen up. I was in the really rotten one by the house 9:45 to 12:30. About 10 hours no more I am sure of that. 10 hours, yup, that is a day and half for me and we had some nice sandwiches for lunch.

Last edited:
Hell my crew would be looking for something to do after lunch on the first day.:laugh:

Milk it baby!

/

I don't know about that Tree, But nothing there looks difficult, or hard. So I figure you would be done in one day.

Hell my crew would be looking for something to do after lunch on the first day.:laugh:

Milk it baby!

/

Lady comes running out for some reason after the first cut starts bothering the guys I dunno. I asked for a double whip latte,no dice, so I went back to sleep for a minute. I was tired from climbing out of the bucket. Aside from some laterals I lowered I used the guys to pull everything over or climbed to the tips to spear it. Had some nice ones.

poplarrottenbase023.jpg

this one looks like... nevermind, I don't want to start a riot. think I should fix that divot? The crack is not mine, just the hole.

poplarrottenbase032.jpg

Milk it baby!

/

I would have entertained dropping them into the street and neighbors yards and I also was thinking they could probably fined some to knock them all down for free if they was smarter. I left the poles pretty short when I dropped them. It was easier to get at the wood with the dingo like that.

is he wiping sweat out of his eye or dust from not wearing glasses and where is his head protection..........huh huh huh, where is Dan.......

he was covering his face so I couldn't snap a shot. The kid showed up that morning with a bottle of " canned ass" which he thought was funny. tried to get me to smell it but I turned it down though he sprayed someone else's truck with it he knew better than to do mine.
Both them guys need to wear hats pull out their pants and stop talking about who got arrested for what on the job.

You know Pat and Murph would've been long gone in a day.

Another groundy would help. These two can waste a lot of time though credit is due to working around the bottom like they were. I had set a lot of lines for pull shots, they were pretty busy. During one of the last topping cuts Jesse decides he is going to get into a in depth conversation with the lady HO about the scarred trunk and they were right under me while John had a rope across the street and I am sure I would have loved in the school bus came along... again.
Notches in poplar happen fast so everybody should be ready. I just revved the saw til Jesse couldn't talk above it and had to run to the street after I dropped a little wedge on them both.
It was about a day spread out between 2 days as we got there at 1:30 the first day. I think I could have loaded faster but them 2 knuckleheads always be off doing something irrelevant. Its always something it sure is.

I was a little leary about those trees only fetching 1500.

Last edited:
$1500s way to cheap i have a 75' altec and a crane and i still wouldnt do 100ft tulip trees that cheap . I thought guys in the city were bad those 2 trees are a easy $1500 a piece atleast . For example In the city people get 5 prices and 4 of them are within $400 from each other then the 5th bottom-eater will come in and bid $1200 cheaper than everyone its insane.

Latest posts

Back