So.. This is what you get for 40 $, these days.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boskaerm

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So, went ou and bought the Partner 511, the electric Partner 1535 and the Fiskars axe today!
My old man bought the electric saw right away, so the 511 is about 40 $ for me !

It started within 5 pulls! Idles fine, revs out and oils great! Even the chain looks good!

It dosen´t look´s like it has got a lot of use, at all!

Wish I could show you pics! But even When I convert to ZIP the site says it´s to big! Although they all are about 2,70 MB, and 3,91 MB is aloud !!!???
Someone.. HELP

Last edited:
I recently posted some photos. I cleaned them up with the basic free Kodak EasyShare program, then opened them in MS Paint, used the Paint tool bar to select Skew/Resize, and reduced them to 15% of their original size. They came in well under the 300kb limit here on AS, and still looked pretty good (much to my surprise!). Your software may have a feature that will reduce them without using Paint; i'm still learning the EasyShare software.

And some folks wonder why others don't include photos in their posts :computer2:.

Hope this helps!

Edit--I see that once again I'm too slow.

Last edited:
I recently posted some photos. I cleaned them up with the basic free Kodak EasyShare program, then opened them in MS Paint, used the Paint tool bar to select Skew/Resize, and reduced them to 15% of their original size. They came in well under the 300kb limit here on AS, and still looked pretty good (much to my surprise!). Your software may have a feature that will reduce them without using Paint; i'm still learning the EasyShare software.

And some folks wonder why others don't include photos in their posts :computer2:.

Hope this helps!

Edit--I see that once again I'm too slow.

Don´t really get it, have posted ZIP file over 3 MB before! Guess i´m better to saws than pc´s !

those are some big pictures, some of them come out blurry, others clear and it's a roundabout fashion to get them loaded. I save all my pictures as jpegs and then attach them in my message. That way they don't waste space in the message and you can just click on them and they pop up.

those are some big pictures, some of them come out blurry, others clear and it's a roundabout fashion to get them loaded. I save all my pictures as jpegs and then attach them in my message. That way they don't waste space in the message and you can just click on them and they pop up.

have tried jpeg´s! Seems my pictures are to good (big), and I can´t figure out how to minimize them! So this is what I could find out!
Sad but true.

have tried jpeg´s! Seems my pictures are to good (big), and I can´t figure out how to minimize them! So this is what I could find out!
Sad but true.

That's where Paint (or some of the methods others mentioned) comes in handy. Before you try to upload them here--Once you're happy with the image, save it as a jpeg, open it in Paint, then reduce it. My photos were around 2megs, reducing them to 15% of their original size got them down to around 80kb.

I notice that my Kodak MD41 camera, which I'm still learning, has a built-in reduction function. Once I figure it out that function could save dealing with Paint.

If you have MS Office... use the program they offer (picture editor or something like that) right click on pic you selected to open in the program, and select edit. Select compress photos, and select one of the sizes offered.

Find "Power Toys for Windows" on Microsoft's website and download their image resizer.

After you get it installed you just right click a thumbnail and select the size you want. I use 'small' almost every time like this one.

View attachment 170482

I find the image resizer works well for me as well, right click the pic whereever you have it installed and hit resize. I try resizing to large and if they are still too big the Medium resize always seems to work. Large usually works with my cell phone pics as it is only 3 megapixels.

Sad but true.

Bo, send those unzipped Jpegs to me and I'll resize them for you.

Or you should do like Carl says and download the Microsoft power toys resizer.

Easy as can be after you install it. Just right click on the picture and choose resize. I useally use custom 800x600 but plain old medium might be good as well.

I downloaded a free image resizer from Microsoft. When installed, a right button click on your image will offer a resize option. Easy.

Or better still, open a Photobucket account (free), upload your pics there and embed your pics right on the page by using the IMG code. It really is easy!

Al.

I´ll try AGAIN..

Wen`t to the woods today, and tried out the 511.Although only a semi-pro/Farmer saw, it did amazingly well. The tree´s we felled where up to 8-9 ", and in that area, it just brilliated!
Also had a nice tone in the cut :)

Have tried to take some better pics, and resize them

Back