So whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Derek right to much?? The next poll perhaps..

Slightly off the subgect, Went to send the last lenghty reply to the repeat photos thing I want the trolls too see, and at least I liked where it was going, along the lines of troll removel and safety ( I know everyone will see it on this thread :cool: )

Got bumped again by my server..
Tried to refresh the cannot find server page, (once on line again) went into history, I can get the page back but its blank:confused:
even had the Quote there but not my responce

Is there anyway in future I can get 'it" back?
Then OF COURSE I had to spend my useual 1/2 hour analizing the shots from Gord...Truley spectacular challange!! well done..

I just want to know if they EVER LOOK SMALLER once your in them??

Sorry Derek, I'd love to see those gum trees up close but those west coast conifers are within driving distance. After working in 30-50 footers for so long I'll probably soil myself when I actually see a 100'er

Happining to me way to much...

I might have to climb them to quote on it in future.lol..lol..:D
Is that as silly as it sounds?

Ill forgo the speach, I fell much better than I did this morning, Ill still post the other two shots (for the sake of the trolls)[Don't know if chucky saw them either}[ And I apoligezed to Darin for him having to edit me](please accept this very short version)SORRY!.

I still LOVE this place, Im not going anywhere , still hope to learn lots more about the way others do things around the world..

I wont let the couple of bloody idiots here get to me in future!!
(BTW "bloody idiots" is our NSW police force, Gov paid massive advertising campaign, on tv, billboards and buses (havent seen a bus for a while though)

Chucky, you still have to be very carefull of all the crazey people on the roads, Dirving on the wrong side is one thing SITTING on the wrong side of the car is another (what if you have to change gears?) ..
Dont know how you do it? give me the ugly trees any day, sorta kinda know what im in for up there..I only got to dodge and weave a little( widow makers, miltletoes, hangers, snakes, spiders, ANTS, Goannas Kolas and did I get telling you all bout our attack birds?? magpies and spike winged plovers??...Crows in your face can freak you out, huge wingspan and claws gave me weird dreams for a month..

The owl I ran into scaredchitoutoffme one day, just wasent expecting it!!..You guys can carry guns everywhere..

Still love our Aussie anamils but hey come on, why can't I have a gun up the tree with me...

Im a home invader, the residents are armed/clawed to the TEETH Why not me?

Originally posted by matthias
Sorry Derek, I'd love to see those gum trees up close but those west coast conifers are within driving distance. After working in 30-50 footers for so long I'll probably soil myself when I actually see a 100'er

You put it so well, but I think you'll be fine...

Now will it go through...Arnt yaz lucky it wasent the L O N G version.A happier (and well rested) Derek..

Heres the other pic..

Quick, in between phone calls slip in the last pic..

Seems a bit out of place without the "long LOST lecture" but im commited now...Enjoy the day (HMMM night over there now)
And thanx for listening!!.Derek..

Originally posted by Gord
100'er...set your sites a little higher eh! :D

100' trees around here are often small...matter of fact.

Hey Gord, I saved that picture to my hard drive when you first posted it way back when. Awesome. I figure I'll need a neck brace after a day of looking at trees out there. Anywhere specific I should go to see the best variety of big trees?

Hmmmm Had to find this on page two??

No one eles did anything either??

I was to go out to do a real skinny, termite infested gum today,
Got up early checked in here (Guy got me freaked with the ants thread), got paronoied, bout the wind today, got organised and watched the trees round here in the 40 mph wind ,

And here I am, nearly lunchtime....

IM NOT CLIMBING IN THIS!!!, espeacialy that tree...

The kids can sit on a bike and not have to pedal..blown down the yard...ya can barely stand up!! ( its gusting much higher)

(Note to self,...Put on some weight!)

Got some more pretty ordinary shots back of "Wadja do three weeks ago" gots to get one of them new thingys!!

Just trees I allready spoke of, ill only post a couple..Derek..

another Pine shot

I should get paid this week for that job,
Isen't self employment great!..

This is cool I must be up there somewhere??
I can see my rope..

finished up a construction site job today, 13 little roadside cottonwoods. so much mud i thought of soldiers in the trenches all day. made me want to find the idiot that should have had these trees taken down 4 months ago when the site was dry and chase him around in the mud with a big stick. did they think that they could build the road with the trees there? absolute typical construction oragnization.

last one. pulled over the leaners with a tirfor jack. low undercut and a fat hinge to direct them. consruction fellows had also put a number of sink gauges in that we had to avoid.

tirfors are ace,done a pine tree a while back,winched it over, found out co i was qouting against had a 100 ft bucket lined up for the job:rolleyes:

hey gord I'll come film you!

Gord said:
100'er...set your sites a little higher eh! :D

100' trees around here are often small...matter of fact.
You tangle with monsters like that daily? cool
Largest I've pruned this year was a 7 leader Sycamore maybe 70 feet high, and 80' wide . Our trees grow wider as a general rule due to the fact they are planted one to a yard.

what happens when your at the top of one of them mothers and you need a slash?
was practicing climbing lime trees last week, my mate who was acting as grounds man nearly shat himself. i was a bout 25 ft up with another ten to go and heard this curious rumbling noise, turn my my head too see about 70 sheep stampeeding towards us, i just laughed from the safety of my perch as my mate tried shinning up the trunk to get out of the way.
+ never uderestemate the power of a clove hitch, i'v found its just the thing for getting your grounds man to tie your thermous flask to the line. Nowt better than sitting at the top of a tree with a nice cup-a-tea enjoying the view.

crumbs, thats a big un. took down a sycamore a bit back, had a big gap in the bottom, we started to dig out alkl the rotten crap, ended up hitting water, had a hole wide enough to sit down cross legged and high enough to stand up in. wish i had a photo of that.

Went,did, CONQURED!!...home again..Sorry I missed some of you, Will reply to PMs later...915.4 klms..Stuffed, Pizzing down, hail, lightning ...Dial up..Bye for now..Derek..

Back