So what did you do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one I posted about? If so, glad you got it.

didn't see your post, where is it?

Most likely it is, your x-y. when I saw it the ad was old, went rats, I know who got it already.... later thought what the heck, I'll try... called up, still available, but no swaps just cash...Ok. He said several calls so far but no takers. Then he surprised me and made a lowball offer, cash right now. I go..I'll have to trade something off first to get the cash because I'm busted right now.. So, a phone call to a friend later and I got it, called him back, said on my way, went and grabbed it. Was gonna take it as a non runner needing work, dumped out the old mix, new mix added, a few stout yanks later, kapow! rumble pop rumble pop rumble pop. Basically, a cord a year fireplace wood since new was the story...not mint, but near minty

Nice gent, he does old muscle cars full show quality restos. I'll do some pics tomorrow.

I got the call... another apple orchard pushed over awaiting firewood guys. Took the 435 & 357 to investigate. Started sawin' up the first tree and found a little piece of metal wire, twice. FRICK!!!! Finished up that tree and switched saws to move to the next one. Limbing out these trees while pushed over is a tight affair. Not much room to move around. No big deal, I've done it many times... went to cut off a wrist size limb pointing toward the ground and yahtzee, another piece of metal wire. :cry::mad::mad::mad:
Packed everything up and left pissed. Didn't even load one piece.

Started a fire in the fireplace this morning. Had to work all day after that. Can't wait to try out my new 28" ES Light bar.
d1e82fb7dc145c62bd0ad5493daeec47.jpg

That's gonna have to wait a week though. The bucks are getting fired up here!

Warpig6

Hauled some crane booms to Lackland afb.
e97f6d134349d82bf92fe58f2f4ad795.jpg

Then i was on my way to get my mountain bike back from the shop when my hub assembly went out on the interstate. Nursed it home and got a new hub on the way.

Got some nice sirloins and put them on the grill and heated vegetables up. Then my beautiful woman came home. Now im on the couch watching kingpin.

Just spent 9 hours straight with only a few quick drink breaks, in the bucket with a small cherry picker doing some tree work here at home. Was working flat out trying to get as much done it the day as i could. Seems that keeping stuff tidy at home always gets left until last. I'm completely buggered and am having a rest today. I love this machine. Nifty 150T with the traction drive to move the machine around without needing to put it back onto the ute. I want one! Just need a spare $50,000. Then i need to tidy up all the stuff i cut and get it sorted for chipping. Tomorrow I'll get back to fixing my other car which i started working on last week. :rolleyes:

There's a big mountain bike race in my town today. I was supposed to be in it, but not real keen to do 100 km's on a bike when i feel like i have been hit by a bus. Went well last year so a bit disappointed i wasn't there this year. Might go for a small 20 km ride later tonight if i feel a bit better than i do right now!

upload_2014-11-9_13-9-40.jpeg

What do you ride matt? Heres my trek fuel carbon 9. Just put renthal fat bars on her and a new rear derailleur.

82f29c635141500d2e29979a9df8bd78.jpg
823a7a12d7ecf069db1b7db676495792.jpg

I got the call... another apple orchard pushed over awaiting firewood guys. Took the 435 & 357 to investigate. Started sawin' up the first tree and found a little piece of metal wire, twice. FRICK!!!! Finished up that tree and switched saws to move to the next one. Limbing out these trees while pushed over is a tight affair. Not much room to move around. No big deal, I've done it many times... went to cut off a wrist size limb pointing toward the ground and yahtzee, another piece of metal wire. :cry::mad::mad::mad:
Packed everything up and left pissed. Didn't even load one piece.

Well, that sucks and is too bad. Growing up all we burned in the fireplace was apple and cherry wood, it's great stuff.

What do you ride matt? Heres my trek fuel carbon 9. Just put renthal fat bars on her and a new rear derailleur.

The trek fuel sure is a nice bike! XT shadow rear derailleur just like mine. I have fat bars also but mine are FSA's, fit my hands much better and dont end up with sore forearms after long rides. I currently have a Charge Duster CrMo steel hardtail that i built last year. I sold my GT Avalanche to my brother as he outgrew his Cannondale.

I am currently building up a brand new 2006 Norco EXC 1.0 FS Dual suspension frame with all high spec stuff, Rock Shox Recon Race, Shimano XT or better components and Mavic Crossmax wheel set (also 2006 models and brand new!) It will be my new off road race bike.

upload_2014-11-9_14-25-21.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2014-11-9_14-24-54.jpeg
    upload_2014-11-9_14-24-54.jpeg
    175.4 KB · Views: 0
Today was a very busy day.

1. Made threaded "bushings" to mount my new degree wheel on a 1/2" keyless chuck, as well both of my Stihl flywheel pullers.
  2. Ported and modded a 390XP.
  3. Modded two new MS201Ts.
  4. Unboxed and checked out some 372XP parts I bought.
  5. Pulled the jug off a straight gassed 385XP
  6. Just got back from a late steak dinner with my wife.
I'm tired!!!

1) Picked up RV from getting winterized
2) Picked up milk on the way home
3) Took boys to woodlot. They stacked a cord. I split a cord or less.
4) Took boys to eat hotdogs for lunch with my mom.
5) Back to woodlot and cut up some oak limbs and stacked more wood.
6) Went home, put splitter in garage.
7) Went to neighbors house to cut up a limb for him (5 minute job). Hit metal on the last cut with a chain only sharpened once. Grrrrrrr...
8) Took boys to go see "Big Hero 6" and ate lots of popcorn. Not a bad animated flick.
9) Met wife at mall and bought boys jeans
10) Came home and started watching UFC and ate PB&J.
11) Now I am here waiting for boys to go to bed so I can finish watching UFC. I likes me some MMA.

I was cutting dry apple stumps. Top notch BTU's & the wife loves the smell when burning. The wire you're hitting was from early training of the branches. Stiff wire/small rod is used to prop the branch to a more horizontal position to encourage fruiting.

Overcast and the spring tides so i didn't go fishing.
I took the Mastermind 361, stripped it down and cleaned the crud/flung poo from sitting under the chimps bench out. Then replaced intake, impulse line and AV rubber.
Cranked and cut a few cookies then put the Granburg over the chain and rakers. The saw is ready to work.

Checked out a plastic carb on a free lawnmower, diaphram is bad so need parts.

Grilled some beef and ate.
I then came over to the confuzzer and the monitor would not come on. It is only 11yrs old, cheap junk!!!
I called my packrat buddy, he had a monitor of his daughters who is away at school. Had to dig around to find it but i now have a working screen that is 3" larger.

No blood spilled, money spent, or destroyed property today!

friday , worked a 16hr shift , today worked on pool table , put a grill guard on my new Silverado , and installed a Monroe Quick lift to same . Now I'm spent ........

OP,

one easy thing to check on that old Dodge,

Put a known good battery in it, one that shows at least 12.6 volts or higher.

And check the voltage drop while cranking, if it drops too much below 12 V, no bueno.

Latest posts

Back