So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS362c shipped to me for port work. He runs 100ll and Red Armor at 40:1. It sat in the box for a couple weeks and this is how it looked when I removed the cylinder. I’ve never seen so much residual oil from another brand

View attachment 954973View attachment 954974View attachment 954975
So the red armor leaves a red residue? That's all I run in my echos. While at a echo event at my dealer I overheard a rep saying they use this for warranty work/verification or something along those lines. Also does anyone know who makes the briggs and stratton brand 2 stroke mix. I have been using it in my old 16:1 saws @32:1. Thanks guys.

Jelly roll nice C12 the deck looks like it is from the 70s my 1958 is on its third deck the deck is a 1970 18 inch the other decks split over time clearing brush and many rocks on bush land.Great slip clutches on LBs. I dont know how many LBs I have but its lots all mixed the same 25 to 1 what ever oil is handy if they carbon up you arent working her hard enough.I have a 1953 1/3/4 hp rope start it needs rings comp is low but still runs good
I do not know if you still can but 10 years ago my bil down loaded the repair dealer issued manuals from the Toro site there is a lot of info.
Kash

Good cutting ole girl . Yeah the Shell @ 16:1 will protect those Babbitt bearings . Have you inspected the muffler recently for any build up ?
Muffler is clean as are the ports the engine speed is around 3000 rpms and makes close to 2 hp. 16:1 can get pricey depending on the brand.

Jelly roll nice C12 the deck looks like it is from the 70s my 1958 is on its third deck the deck is a 1970 18 inch the other decks split over time clearing brush and many rocks on bush land.Great slip clutches on LBs. I dont know how many LBs I have but its lots all mixed the same 25 to 1 what ever oil is handy if they carbon up you arent working her hard enough.I have a 1953 1/3/4 hp rope start it needs rings comp is low but still runs good
I do not know if you still can but 10 years ago my bil down loaded the repair dealer issued manuals from the Toro site there is a lot of info.
Kash
I got a oddball toro recycler that uses a lawn boy V series engine i replaced the plastic carb with a adjustable walbro LMR and it woke it up but has a habit of drinking fuel.
i run 32:1 pennzoil outboard in it.

So the red armor leaves a red residue? That's all I run in my echos. While at a echo event at my dealer I overheard a rep saying they use this for warranty work/verification or something along those lines. Also does anyone know who makes the briggs and stratton brand 2 stroke mix. I have been using it in my old 16:1 saws @32:1. Thanks guys.
According to the SDS the current blender for Briggs ash less oil is OLYMPIC OIL, LTD. 5000 W. 41st St. Cicero, IL 60804

Back