So what's the current Two stroke oil favorite for

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually it may surprise you , if you tune it accordingly (tad richer fuel to air ) with a proper heat range plug upgrade , i think it might be is keeper ! :blob2:
Spark plug heat range has nothing to do with how hot or clean the plug runs it just is a measure of how hot the electrodes get. As such it still won't stay clean on SAE 30 motor oil. All the mettalic compounds in motor oil are hard on spark plugs.

Well I haven't seen very much talk about Opti-2, does anyone still use it? Do you like it? In the 80's I used a lot of it, I didn't know anything at the time about mix ratio's (I knew 50:1 for my Evinrude) by my chainsaws, weed whackers I just squeezed the packet of Opti-2 into a gallon of regular gas and went with it, always worked fine.
Didn't know 1.8 oz to gallon was 71:1! So found a couple packages in my stuff, mixed up a packet (of opti) with 112 oz. of clear premium (92 oct.) makes it 62:1. anxious to try it. Especially when I get my new senix 4-stroke will use it for the first tank.

The lower the numerical value of the plug designation denotes a hotter plug for NGK / Denso & Champion , only Bosch is reversed Ben ! Therefore the NGK BPM-R7A is the recommended hotter plug for Original NGK 8 designated plug as I stated . As for it not being a better choice within preventing deposit formation or maintaining optimal performance with a enrichened fuel ratio , your also incorrect . The actual reason for higher heat ranges is to maintain proper electrode tip temperatures that can be compromised by an excess of fuel charge or oil & residue which most likely would be the result in this dirty Echo application as recommended to J in this proposed trial ! I don't understand your resistance to common sense . P.S. This plug heat range selection decision tree has been utilized effectively within 2 stroke engines for yrs. Hotter plugs for Enduro riding & Colder plugs in MX riding . Copper cores for this Platinium or Irridium for that . P.S. I ran a 1966 Skidoo 10.5 Rotax powered sled as a kid , running Castrol Non Detergent Sae.30 @ 16:1 for 10 yrs . Only had 2 original Bosch plugs (tungsten) core , when one fouled due to oil or bad points , you took it out cleaned it replaced with the 2nd spark plug . This went on for 10 yrs . Also one of the plugs was one range colder for riding in the spring & the other for riding in the primary colder winter weather , rather simplistic rational that takes into considerations atmospheric temperatures & barometric pressure & relative fuel & air density changes that a single plug must perform within seasonal variations of ambient temperatures & thermal internal engine temperature changes affected by riding styles ..Cheers !

Well I haven't seen very much talk about Opti-2, does anyone still use it? Do you like it? In the 80's I used a lot of it, I didn't know anything at the time about mix ratio's (I knew 50:1 for my Evinrude) by my chainsaws, weed whackers I just squeezed the packet of Opti-2 into a gallon of regular gas and went with it, always worked fine.
Didn't know 1.8 oz to gallon was 71:1! So found a couple packages in my stuff, mixed up a packet (of opti) with 112 oz. of clear premium (92 oct.) makes it 62:1. anxious to try it. Especially when I get my new senix 4-stroke will use it for the first tank.
Opti-2 has been discussed numerous times within it's physical & chemical properties in this thread mate , some people love it , some people believe like Amsoil Saber that its snake oil . Personally I have used it within snowmobiles , motor cycles & saws quite successfully between 40:1 to 80:1 ratio's with proper tuning to usage . I would not recommend it in an outboard service & Definately not in a 4-Cycle application , perhaps in a controlled substitute for Stihl Ultra in a 4-Mix application brother !

The lower the numerical value of the plug designation denotes a hotter plug for NGK / Denso & Champion , only Bosch is reversed Ben ! Therefore the NGK BPM-R7A is the recommended hotter plug for Original NGK 8 designated plug as I stated . As for it not being a better choice within preventing deposit formation or maintaining optimal performance with a enrichened fuel ratio , your also incorrect . The actual reason for higher heat ranges is to maintain proper electrode tip temperatures that can be compromised by an excess of fuel charge or oil & residue which most likely would be the result in this dirty Echo application as recommended to J in this proposed trial ! I don't understand your resistance to common sense . P.S. This plug heat range selection decision tree has been utilized effectively within 2 stroke engines for yrs. Hotter plugs for Enduro riding & Colder plugs in MX riding . Copper cores for this Platinium or Irridium for that . P.S. I ran a 1966 Skidoo 10.5 Rotax powered sled as a kid , running Castrol Non Detergent @ 16:1 for 10 yrs . Only had 2 original plugs Bosch plugs , when one fouled due to oil or bad points , you took it out replaced with the 2nd spark . This went on for 10 yrs . Also one of the plugs was one range colder for riding in the spring & the other for riding in the primary colder winter weather , rather simplistic rational that takes into considerations atmospheric temperatures & barometric pressure & relative fuel & air density changes that a single plug must perform within ..Cheers !
Yes, that's correct. I thought you were trying to say the opposite.
I can say for certain that you can go several heat ranges hotter and not notice an less buildup on the nose of a plug.

Opti-2 has been discussed numerous times within it's physical & chemical properties in this thread mate , some people love it , some people believe like Amsoil Saber that its snake oil . Personally I have used it within snowmobiles , motor cycles & saws quite successfully between 40:1 to 80:1 ratio's with proper tuning to usage . I would not recommend it in an outboard service & Definately not in a 4-Cycle application , perhaps in a controlled substitute for Stihl Ultra in a 4-Mix application brother !
Thank you.

The early 80's called. They want their oil back.
Why some think it's advantageous to run lean oil to fuel ratios is beyond me.

Opti 2 is good stuff in my opinion i just have a hard time finding it locally.

I've used Opti 2 for 15 plus yrs at 40 to 1. Been really satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
I never have mixed it that heavy . 50:1 in my 1967 Pioneer 11-60 is about it . However in a milling application I bet it would perform really well. Unfortunately when our local Pioneer Dealership shut down I never found Opti2 products anywhere. If I may ask what are you using the Opti2 in currently .

I never have mixed it that heavy . 50:1 in my 1967 Pioneer 11-60 is about it . However in a milling application I bet it would perform really well. Unfortunately when our local Pioneer Dealership shut down I never found Opti2 products anywhere. If I may ask what are you using the Opti2 in currently .
Using it in a Husqvarna 555 autotune, 371XP, Jonsered 2152, 2252 autotune and a Dolmar 5105H.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Back