So.. You Think You’re Tough Eh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1981 I camped there,, we rode out bikes from Terrace via the Stewart Cassiar.
And did Alaska to.
Sweet! I went to that campground for the first time last fall. Two years ago when I turned 65 I cycled the 500 miles from Dawson City to Haines Junction in 10 days.

Not sure, I’ve never tried that . For those not in the know a Texas Micky is a one gallon bottle of rum.

Called handle bottles around here. My good friend Trevor drinks from two handle bottles at once although a few drops are spilled we don`t call alcohol abuse on him. His favorite saying is, nothing is Trevor proof.

In 1981 I camped there,, we rode out bikes from Terrace via the Stewart Cassiar.
And did Alaska to.
I remember 1981 very well, I was only 27 and was living with wild Indians just north of Fort St James where the timber was big and so were the lake trout.
Anyway that’s where I got my start in the woods with a Husky 480. A Witch Doctor put a curse upon me condemning me to the woods for the rest of my life, a curse I’m honoured to have.
They did almost everything to kill me or run me off, so I just told them I’m a white ghost of their ancestors and should be treated with respect, but that’s another story and not enough room to tell it here.

I remember 1981 very well, I was only 27 and was living with wild Indians just north of Fort St James where the timber was big and so were the lake trout.
Anyway that’s where I got my start in the woods with a Husky 480. A Witch Doctor put a curse upon me condemning me to the woods for the rest of my life, a curse I’m honoured to have.
They did almost everything to kill me or run me off, so I just told them I’m a white ghost of their ancestors and should be treated with respect, but that’s another story and not enough room to tell it here.
Now that is a story I would like to hear.

I was so tough I would start buckin the tree the split second it started fallin. Pull the saw out before it hit the ground. I was absolutely nuts in the woods,

I’ll tell ya who was tough;

those crazy sumbitches I sent through the river valleys around Fort Nelson in the winter of ‘95 (‘96?) to hand cut seismic lines. They were in snow up to their chests at times and it was -30 to -50C. That was one of a string of very cold winters. The damn 372’s wouldn’t stay running while the 272’s plugged away. Some of those cuts were 3 miles long. Steep and thick and cold and snow. No mistakes allowed cause we were screwed.

I never properly thanked them then for that gruelling work. I guess because we thought that was normal. At the time I guess it was...

the Big Guy watched over us.

I’ll tell ya who was tough;

those crazy sumbitches I sent through the river valleys around Fort Nelson in the winter of ‘95 (‘96?) to hand cut seismic lines. They were in snow up to their chests at times and it was -30 to -50C. That was one of a string of very cold winters. The damn 372’s wouldn’t stay running while the 272’s plugged away. Some of those cuts were 3 miles long. Steep and thick and cold and snow. No mistakes allowed cause we were screwed.

I never properly thanked them then for that gruelling work. I guess because we thought that was normal. At the time I guess it was...

the Big Guy watched over us.

Very big natural gas territory there.

Latest posts

Back