Something different....yeah!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone!

I was thinking about Carbon Fibre arrow shafts for the frame on the wing....the wing will be 0.8mm lithographic plate aluminium...

how do you guys say Aluminium????:D

anyhow... the beast is all stripped down (again) I need to dream up a wing, wing frame, and maybe a wheelie bar.
I made some fibreglass liners for saddlebags on my neighbour's bike last weekend, (the bags were sagging, so we stiffened them up from the inside)
now I'm inspired to make a fibreglass body for the rail...hmmmm, too many things to do!!
what first???:cheers:

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me more about the 90cc SOLO engine?

I have a web budy who uses them for a 1/4 scale drag car, but he makes his own crank cases.
wouls standard donk give me punch?
My current powerplant is a 44cc Poulan (I know there is no substitute for cc's):cheers:

Model No. ? yeh, I'll have to find out. Maybe the guys at the mower outlets can chew the fat with me for a while; depends on how busy or interested they are.
Anyhow, I started on a body, fibreglass over snake mesh

Lookin' great there Muddy! Thanks for getting back to us folks over here man!
:clap: :clap:
Lol 'snake mesh', we call it chicken wire here, must be a down under thing :D
(ya ya I know, snakes, big poisonous snakes)

:D

:cheers:

Serge

That is a pretty sweet looking setup you have there.

A guy I work with and I are building a cheap 1/5 scale RC with the use of a poulan Wildthing engine. We decided on this route from the removable engine assy, verses a pro saw thatwould require a bunch of machining to get the crankcase squared away.

The Stihl MS 290, 310 and 390 and bigger cc versions that have teh removable engines. I would think any of them with a nice port would really scream. I've done porting on saws, but not quite sure where i would start the process for something like this.

We haven't gotten far with our project. We are still in the process of building the chassis. I donated the motor...lol

That is a pretty sweet looking setup you have there.

A guy I work with and I are building a cheap 1/5 scale RC with the use of a poulan Wildthing engine. We decided on this route from the removable engine assy, verses a pro saw thatwould require a bunch of machining to get the crankcase squared away.

The Stihl MS 290, 310 and 390 and bigger cc versions that have teh removable engines. I would think any of them with a nice port would really scream. I've done porting on saws, but not quite sure where i would start the process for something like this.

We haven't gotten far with our project. We are still in the process of building the chassis. I donated the motor...lol

Thanks, my car is getting heavy!:mad: It weighs in now at 14.5kg (31.96lb)
Maybe this donk wil be just enough to tell if I got it all lined up right.
I'll get back to you about a scale 1/5 drag car (started out as an FG Sportsline chassis) FG is from Germany - nice stuff.
I'll need to chat with the local mower shop service blokes, they usually will be able to differentiate who makes "tough" engines

:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

rep for you... really cool dragster. I have never seen anything like it.

By the way, nice clean shop you have there.

Last edited:
Is there a saw motor with 2 x cylinders?

I saw a guy in France has a 1/4 scale Le Mans Car (made by a company called 'Yankee") with 2 x cyl in line

I'll dig up a photo

@ Muddy,

was wondering if the chicken mesh in te video is your base layer for your body?

you want to fight weight, you have space frame so you dont need a hard body.

ever thought about heat shrink wrap. (dont know what it is called exactly)
Looks as if your space frame can be done in 1 piece. Then cut openings where nesecary. Eventually multi-layer is possible. This material is stable, has quite some stretch (i can imagine the frame is flexing quite a bit), comes in good thickness, etc

Only a spark.

Btw; Looks awfully good!

Wow! That looks great! Have you done a test run yet? I'd love to hear it rip up the track.

I've taken it for a spin, but it was just one step better than a bench test....another drive is coming. I started to block down the body...

Latest posts

Back