Something wierd happened yesterday???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad E

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
THe chain on my Husky 365 Special came off during a wedge cut while felling a 18-20 " maple tree? I just tightened the chain very snugly before cutting. Had dropped a couple of other tress and cut them into 30' chunks when WHAM off comes the chain in the downward cut on the front wedge cut.

When I went to put the chain back on one of the driver teeth would not fit down into the groove on the bar. I filed off burr on that one driver and all went well after. Where did I go wrong? Been cutting for over 20 years and never had this happen before.

Saw that happen to a buddy of mine this last summer, he was dropping a 50" doug fir with my 066, and while fully buried into the slant cut on the face, the chain threw. Never seen it before or since. Can't come up with a good explanation aside from that the chain sometimes chatters a bit on the slant cut on some trees.

Ran Husky saws for a long time 200 and 300 series, had my chain come off only when I was limbing or cutting small small stuff. Never had my chain come off when I was putting in an undercut or backcut, puzzled.

Back