"Sometimes a Great Notion"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nother copy

cavyon angler, lost your address for vhs, and I promised it to a guy when you are done , my mistake . Just got copy that should have been here sooner. Sorry for the wait. Got postage on pa kage, waiting for address

Rob

I saw the movie years ago, but never read the book. So I had the local library to locate a copy and it came in today. Should be interesting.
Anybody ever read " Holy Old Makinaw" ? by Stewart Holbrook ( I think)
Its a kind of a history of logging from the east coast to the west.

Good idea on the milage of the video, if you guys don't mind. I will soon have three copies out their in circulation, and a 3x5 would be nice to keep track on.

One is out and obout, Dean will send one to a Mr lamb, and the one I am supposed to pick up tomorrow will go to some address, I have to look up on this coast.

Rob

Thanks Rob, My wife and I watched it last night. Great movie. Send me the address of Mr. Lamb and I will mail it out.

The movie has left Kamloops B.C. Canada and has been sent to 2000ssm6
in North Carolina U.S.A. by air. Man the postman here must eat steak. $6.50 by ground and $8.20 by air.
Great classic movie, the good woman even watched as she says Mr. Newman is not to hard on the eyes!!!!.:popcorn:

As I understand it the book is out of print, & the movie has never "officially' been released on DVD. When I asked a seller on eBay about the DVD he advertised, he said "I sell what my distributor sends me."

The first 135 pages or so of the book nearly drove me crazy :bang:, & I'm an avid reader who also deals with legal documents. I gave the book to a fellow that used to post a lot here at AS.

The movie was filmed just down the road from us. The house they built for the movie is still located along the Siletz River.
I was about 15 or 16 when they made the movie.
That was a pretty big deal around these parts.
Never did read the book.

off topic but i noticed you have a stihl 650....though it's current, it's a rare bird in my area!

Where tapes is

Dean had a copy, that he mailed to someone.

Canyonangler may have another copy by now, or not,but if he does, its going to upstate NY then I don't know where.

The third copy is........somewhere else.

Never officially on DVD.

anybody ever buy any Asian Rim DVDs? (sounds obscene don't it)

End of update.

Rob

Asian Rim DVD

Me so horny! Me love you long time! No, I never hear of Asian Rim Job DVD. Very kinky. You pay extra for that! :biggrinbounce2:

I have the copy from bigbadbob. Who is next?

btw Great movie, a little crazy but still good. I loved the part where they run the boat up on the dock:dizzy:

Hey canyonangler;

I usually see the tape a couple of times before I send it on, heck who knows how long it takes to rewind, or maybe you had soap in your eyesand had to see it a couple of times, This is a PM isn't it.

Just got the tape from Stihl41, I gotta say the book was better, but man the movie was good too. I forgot what a heartbreaker that accident with Henry with Joe Ben was...OUCH!

I think the book and movie ended differently too...in the book, the ending scene (with Henry "giving them the finger") was at the beginning of the book, and just a bit different, LOL, I'll never forget that image from the book.

Anyway, this is just a long way of saying, If you like the movie, check out the book. Ken Kesey was a good writer!

My area library system has it and it is en route as we speak.

Most librarys have a way to request stuff online and they call you when it is in at your local branch.

Just got the tape from Stihl41, I gotta say the book was better, but man the movie was good too. I forgot what a heartbreaker that accident with Henry with Joe Ben was...OUCH!

I think the book and movie ended differently too...in the book, the ending scene (with Henry "giving them the finger") was at the beginning of the book, and just a bit different, LOL, I'll never forget that image from the book.

Anyway, this is just a long way of saying, If you like the movie, check out the book. Ken Kesey was a good writer!

Glad you liked them both. The book is always better than the movie, except Forrest Gump.

As to the book being hard to find, I have a paper back copy I'd loan, Just post a request

--DON'T EMAIL, THE SS WASHERS CLOGS IT ENOUGH--

and I'll mail it out, any emails will get a second taunting!!!

Just watched it...

My favorite line is when Henry Fonda says

"Looks like some kind of New York Fairy."

Ahh the good ol days before this politically correct crap!

ACtually a lot better movie that I had imagined!

Reminds me of home!

Latest posts

Back