Spanked this Silver.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsbeats

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So here's the deal. I have the week off for hunting so I load up my hunting combination firewood rig for the week. Well, today, dad has to do a small tree job so he calls me to come get the wood since I had the rig set up. I get there and the homeowner insisted they rip this Silver a new one, oh well, paid in full. I happen to have the camera so I took a few shots.

DSCN2672.jpg

DSCN2673.jpg

Previously cabled, get this though, with rope! That's new to me.
DSCN2671.jpg

My little load of firewood. Long live the facecord MDS, lol.
DSCN2675.jpg

Chucknduck action shot! That's our new chip truck, 94 Ford Diesel powerhouse. My brother built the dump box. New fenders, jack, tires, tongue extension and brake axle on the chipper too.
DSCN2674.jpg

My rig setup for a week in the woods. Trailer, chainsaw, deer decoy, and all the goods for a venison or tree slaughter. I live on Powerade and Snickers for the week. I may even camp in my blind.
DSCN2677.jpg

272 in her glory.
DSCN2676.jpg

Last edited:
Now come over here and spank me... please?

I thought we talked about not having firewood from prune jobs!

Did you get a chance to see my old yotas? I dumped 2 quarts of oil in my F350's huei pump this morning and she fired right up. It just was gasping last morning. The pump is just over a year old.
I woke up puking this morning and the thought of voting made me want to shoot myself so I went back to bed... just woke up.
So I guess you have been reading some of the crying that has been going on so: how does it feel to be you? Out there on the frontier " stone immaculate" ( I think that means being like a clean rock). I tell ya I wanna come along too.
I won't go into how topping is bad cause well, its bad compared to what? Yeah. Besides I think you did an above average job on thrashing the crap out of the tree. Was that Arbor tie in there or just some rope?
well keep up the good work and remember, the skinny end is what you point at the deers. I like my meats medium but I am open for some Tar Tar.

Geez! That looks aweful! I remember those days! I did worse. Not too proud of it either. You live and learn. Nice setup. Have a good hunt!

I thought we talked about not having firewood from prune jobs!

Did you get a chance to see my old yotas? I dumped 2 quarts of oil in my F350's huei pump this morning and she fired right up. It just was gasping last morning. The pump is just over a year old.
I woke up puking this morning and the thought of voting made me want to shoot myself so I went back to bed... just woke up.
So I guess you have been reading some of the crying that has been going on so: how does it feel to be you? Out there on the frontier " stone immaculate" ( I think that means being like a clean rock). I tell ya I wanna come along too.
I won't go into how topping is bad cause well, its bad compared to what? Yeah. Besides I think you did an above average job on thrashing the crap out of the tree. Was that Arbor tie in there or just some rope?
well keep up the good work and remember, the skinny end is what you point at the deers. I like my meats medium but I am open for some Tar Tar.

The hunt will be good, only thing is we set new record high temps yesterday and today. 76 yesterday and 72 or something today, it's almost too hot. Well, I am going to set up base camp in a two mile section and work out from there as the wind blows ya know. I hunt out of a tree saddle made just for hunting. Get back in them swamps and river bottoms, catch em' on the move and stalk em' down, jump up a tree, whatever, it's all there. When I want I go back to the blind, kick back or take a nap.

Ya, I was pumped when I saw the old yoties, good trucks.

Last edited:
The hunt will be good, only thing is we set new record high temps yesterday and today. 76 yesterday and 72 or something today, it's almost too hot. Well, I am going to set up base camp in a two mile section and work out from there as the wind blows ya know. I hunt out of a tree saddle made just for hunting. Get back in them swamps and river bottoms, catch em' on the move and stalk em' down, jump up a tree, whatever, it's all there. When I want I go back to the blind, kick back or take a nap.

oh you haven't left yet... good. Just a few things before you go.

I'm leaving as soon as I run out of stuff to say here. Scouted the area last night and got a nice fresh scrape line going, base camp will be setup overlooking this area.

Wow!, That maple looks like its half the size it used to be, well thats job security lol... they will call you back in a couple of years to thin out the massive sprouts..

I think they need to start another site called Hacktreeist Site.....
When I tell people why we don't top trees I believe I'll show them this picture...

I think they need to start another site called Hacktreeist Site.....
When I tell people why we don't top trees I believe I'll show them this picture...

And they will say " What do you mean?" when you do.
Nails, can I be in charge of spanking these guys while you are away?

No, Dan.
I have had success with explaining proper pruning to people. I've sold them on the right way. This has worked for me. Has it for you? I'm guessing not since your reply was a little on the cynical side. But good luck, however you choose to do business.

P.S. I'm sorry about what the oil man did to your basement. I had a friend that happened to. It is tough stuff to clean up.

Wow!, That maple looks like its half the size it used to be, well thats job security lol... they will call you back in a couple of years to thin out the massive sprouts..

Or finish taking it down.

That is what i meant by spanking Limby, no offense... and really here? in this forum? how could there be?
I think all the trolls ya'll keep seeing are just some #### sites, the rest is in your heads.
But..
Yeah man, the people wanted it that way! The probably said " we will take it down later, thank you Mr. Nails" That is just how some people are.
Its easy to see though how someone could see that pic and think that is the only and proper way to trim a tree.
Besides, we put our parents in nursing homes don't we?
No, Limby, do your thing, its good. Nothing better. There are other things that want done too.
see that wasn't so bad. Was it?

Latest posts

Back