spark arrestor screen

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im going to do a couple of my saws, got to looking at the homelite while I replaced the sproket and the outlet on the muffler is the size of 2 bb's side by side.

Any home improvement store that carries kitchen sink wire mesh strainers. They are stainless, cheap, and the mesh is perfect for a spark arrestor.

McMaster-Carr, .023 opening,Inconel will last longest, stainless is okay.

That's exactly what I use. Trace out what you need and cut it out using a Dremel with a cutting wheel. If you're careful they end up looking darn near factory.

This is a pretty large piece that can be trimmed down and it's only about $5 thru Husqvarna. (Tags are transposed - P/N 503405601).

Mcmaster is great but gets expensive with minimum cut size and shipping. The cooking screens are too thin IMHO.

7900Mufflera001.jpg

Any home improvement store that carries kitchen sink wire mesh strainers. They are stainless, cheap, and the mesh is perfect for a spark arrestor.

It's funny you mentioned that, as I was in Lowes yesterday looking at plumbing supplies and saw a wire kitchen strainer and thought to myself:
If I ever need screen for my saw mods I'll just buy a cheap strainer.

Back