Spark plugs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aokpops

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a new 372 Husqvarna with a ngk plug.When I ran dirt bikes many years ago I never like the plugs . I tried them in my Harley an they suck . An my Husqvarna sucks with this plug . I ran E 3 before an the not starting factor starts. On the butt dyno I fell more power . But at the drop of a hat it will not start on this plug

Ngk are good plugs, that's all I ever run in my snowmobiles. As for saws, I mostly have Bosch. Try a different plug to see if it starts better, but I bet the brand of plug isn't your problem.

[QUOTEI have a new 372 Husqvarna with a ngk plug.When I ran dirt bikes many years ago I never like the plugs . I tried them in my Harley an they suck . An my Husqvarna sucks with this plug . I ran E 3 before an the not starting factor starts. On the butt dyno I fell more power . But at the drop of a hat it will not start on this plug][/QUOTE]

So you don't like NGK or E3 spark plugs? Am I reading that correctly? So put in a Bosch and be done with it.

What would be of interest would be why there were problems with particular plug(s). All we have is conjecture.

Oh do tell.
I found out that Platinum plugs can foul pretty easily when you richen up the fuel mixture too much when running nitrous. Tried sandblasting plug to clean it too, but the plug was toast. It was hard to start the gocart and it had a high speed missfire with that plug in after trying nitrous. It was good fun though. We werent allowed to run nitrous in the class i raced so we only played around a bit with it on test days and i didnt get too serious with the setup.
I have never had a good run with Bosch spark plugs because they always overheat and melt the tips. I think the problem might be that conversion charts between NGK and Bosch might be wrong with the heat ranges. NGK to Champion conversions seem correct and i have had a good run with Champion as well as NGK, but i have given up on trying to use Bosch spark plugs. All other Bosch products that i have used have been good, but i hate Bosch spark plugs with a passion.

Never use an E3 plug. They are notoriously bad. If I see one on any piece of equipment, I replace it. I have seen dozens of them fail on multiple pieces of equipment. NGK, Champion, or Bosch are all good in my book. Usually the Champions are a little cheaper and runs just as good as everything else, in my opinion.

When I turned wrenches for a living, I lost count of how many irrigation engines I 'fiixed' by throwing away the new champion plugs that the farmer installed and put in a brand that worked (we kept motorcraft, AC, and Auto lite on hand, but would order bosh and ngk if asked to). But, Champion makes a good small engine spark plug.

NGK (Bosch seems to work as well). Never an E3- I have also personally seen them fail in two saws that were brought to me. Champions are headed to the trash can as soon as I spot them. I won't send any saw I work on back out with one occupying the plug hole.

Kinda funny. NGK plugs are great in every Japanese engine I've seen them in, motorcycles, cars and OPE. In domestic stuff like a Ford truck, or even a Briggs mower engine... Total crap. Those E3's are crap in anything. Its rare that any new plug gives me further issue, but if I suspect the plug is causing the problem I try to go OEM when possible.

Latest posts

Back