specific boot help....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mn woodcutter

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've searched the forums and many of the online stores but was unsuccessful in locating what I want which seems crazy with all the options out there.
My favorite pair of boots are shot. They are Ecco Track Elites and this is why I want something as close to this as possible.
-10" tall
-Gor-tex waterproof all the way to the top
-extremely durable
-light weight and flexible
-lace ilets not speed lace (hooks)
-warm but not hot
-Excellent traction
-cushioned sole with good arch

I've had these boots for nearly 9 yrs and they are my all around go everywhere winter boots. From ice fishing to wood cutting they are by far the best boots I have found. Ecco is based out of Denmark and no longer makes them. I'm not worried about price as long as i can find boots close to meeting my requirements. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks

Attachments

• 20141214_204054.jpg
    20141214_204054.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20141214_204114.jpg
    20141214_204114.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 32
those are 9 years old??? my month old Chippewa's are more worn than those

Yep 9 yrs old. Like I said they are only worn in the winter months but I also take care of them.

I'm replacing them because the gortex is now leaking. I can't have wet feet when I'm ice fishing, hunting, and of course cutting and splitting wood.

Yep 9 yrs old. Like I said they are only worn in the winter months but I also take care of them.
I missed the winter part... I wear my Chippewa's 16-18 hrs. a day, every day, all year, they're the only thing I wear, they usually last me 1-1/2- 2 years
I do have insulated rubber boots I'll wear for deep snow but that's about it.

Have you looked at the Meindl?

I have always wanted to, but don't know anyone who has a pair

Have you looked at the Meindl?

I have always wanted to, but don't know anyone who has a pair
I tried some meindl boots on at Cabelas this weekend and they were ok. Didn't like the speed laces and they were quite bulky. They did seem like good quality and we're better than others I've seen.

I had ECCO shoes they were to die for, wore them until my toes came out the ends!!!
Since they went offshore,,, not very good!!
I used these at work, pretty good. Not cheap, think I got 12 years out of a set with one resole, used for climbing tel poles. I still have them but am retired so they sit,,they are heavy.
http://www.daytonboots.com/
Good luck finding some good boots
BBB

Latest posts

Back