Speeco 4-Way Wedge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bought one last fall with bad results right off the get go! 22 ton 4way wedge on the 20 ton splitter and splitting dry red oak@8" tweaked the soft material its made of pushing the wings up to the point that the cable stay pulled off the crimped end splitting the top weld on the wedge ! not again for this woodsman! fleet farm wouldn't take it back either! 60.00 green cash shot in the azzzzzz? GOOD PRODUCT! for the scrap pile!!!!! and no I am not a happy speeco customer......

bought one last fall with bad results right off the get go! 22 ton 4way wedge on the 20 ton splitter and splitting dry red oak@8" tweaked the soft material its made of pushing the wings up to the point that the cable stay pulled off the crimped end splitting the top weld on the wedge ! not again for this woodsman! fleet farm wouldn't take it back either! 60.00 green cash shot in the azzzzzz? GOOD PRODUCT! for the scrap pile!!!!! and no I am not a happy speeco customer......

Yea the slip on looks like it would be worthless.....This is the new stlye, complete wedge replacement. But still easily removable.
http://omni-mfg.com/Speeco-Adjustab...or-28t-35t-Speeco-Log-Splitters-P2360523.aspx

Whats up with that?I noticed the wings looked a little short also but that can be changed.

I asked the Blount folks - home of Speedco. It is not a heavyweight piece - actually only about 6.5 pounds.

Depending on the splitter you have, they might have a four way wedge that can be put on in place of the OEM wedge.

The Speedco page is linked at the top of this page. YOu can ask questions by using the contact link.

Hal

Latest posts

Back