Splain this!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milkman

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Ky. between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank.
You're going to think I'm nuts. I bought this saw new, hasn't been out of my possession since I bought it, hasn't been loaned to anyone. About a month ago, I decided to remove the clutch and clean everything up. I don't have a clutch removal tool, so I had a flat punch against a flat part of the clutch and whacked it to get it loose. A piece of the clutch broke off so I just buttoned it up and put the saw away till I got a tool. Today, I got the tool from Baileys and when I tried to get it into the clutch, the tool looked like it was made wrong, the wider portion of the tool wouldn't fit into the narrower section of the slot. After I scratched my head for a while, I finally saw the problem, the clutch had been put on backward, or outside in. The only person besides me that has had the cover off that side of the saw is the dealer when I bought the saw. It had a 20" bar and I had them to switch it to an 18", but there wouldn't have been a reason to remove the clutch. Either the dealer had it off, or it was installed wrong at the factory. I'm surprised the saw worked fine with it on wrong. Tool works just fine in new clutch.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=244191&d=1341596673&thumb=1&stc=1

Latest posts

Back