Splitter Purchase!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
25 ton rebadged DHT. For those familiar with the 27T model this is virtually identical except for a faster pump that reduces the tonnage rating slightly.

I want to thank @SteveSS for putting me in touch with the DHT rep. It just so happened they had a demo in my area and we made the deal happen.

I'll be picking up high speed hubs from northern tool to make this highway towable.

Full review to follow.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Sweeeet!!! Always nice to get a new tool. Sounds like you got the best of both worlds little more ass then the 22 but faster than the 27.

I have the 35 ton Speeco and it splits everything I throw at it. My friend has the 25 ton DHT and it impressed me. I did my best to stall his splitter and that puppy just kept going.. I think you'll be more than pleased with the 25 T.. I know I would be and I do some real nasty stuff.. Congrats!!!

I keep thinking about a splitter. With my Fiskars I can split very fast, maybe 5 times faster, but my old bones and joints can only take about an hour or 2 of abuse. Probably have to get one in a few years. :(
My not so old bones have hand split about 45 cords over the last three seasons (not including the additional 25 cords split with rented or borrowed splitters) so I figured it was time. I have a few cords of some noodle or hydro only stuff coming up this spring so I'll save wear and tear on my saws.

Being this was kind of a direct buy deal I don't know if I'm allowed to disclose price, but I will say it would make the Black Friday shoppers jealous.
How can I get a direct buy?

Not really. Different pump as mentioned in OP.

This was a one off designed specifically for Menards. So I actually have a one of a kind. Will come in handy if it's ever stolen!!!
???? ok! so when you going to be gone and where will the splitter be, unchained an fenced yard wide open!! ??? !! just so that i can keep an eye open for the copper's.... lol or "wood" it be "chopper's" in this case?

This is the beginning of the end. Power splitters are for the elderly/infirmed/obese/effete. Allowing yourself to give up is the beginning of a cascade of rapid aging. Next you'll be one of those people that keeps driving around walmart's parking lot looking for a spot closest to the door instead of parking far away and walking. Diet choices will rapidly disintegrate since you won't be needing to feel in optimal health to use an X27. Then the length of your footsteps will shorten making it appear as if you're trying to carefully walk across ice even though it's 70 degrees. The white flag of surrender has been waved. Now the rapid aging begins. 57dd6_orig-5df78_orig_cringe.gif

Back