Splitter Purchase!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats !
Up here to tow on the road you need a vin , you'd go to dmv to get the vin and paperwork , have a notary or police sign off on the paperwork that the serial was installed on the "trailer" , then you would need a trailer inspection at an independentgarage to verify that it is in compliance with the motorvehicle act to be on the road so things like lights , safety chains , suspension (if any), coupler is DOT approved , wheel bearings and lighting are in DOT compliance , then you are issued a license plate .
Yup , a lot of bs up here but if you don't follow the steps you'll find out that while cops may not know all the laws they do now how to write tickets and that the DOT guys know the law and will tow away stuff they don't like .
sounds like MOST DOT nationwide,,are asses!!!!!!!!!!

Got the hubs put on today, need to find an open tire shop tomorrow to swap rims.

In retrospect a guy probably could pound bearing buddies into those integral rims and be good to go. They had the same bearings as the hubs I bought.

The only thing I didn't care for was the off brand bearing buddies (only brand Northern Tool stocked) were tough to get pounded in. But they are on now. They didn't come with dust cover/"bra" either so I need to buy those separately.

View attachment 491601 View attachment 491602 View attachment 491603
the welds on that old axle?? SMOKEYS!!!!

Latest posts

Back