Splitter shed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the splitter shack Dave.I use a tarp for mine.I`ve been told that tarps actually hold moisture in and help rusting.I just can`t seem to leave it uncovered in the elements.Too bad about the splitter, I`m sure you`ll get all the kinks out.;)

No offense, but I can't believe you'd attempt to straighten/beef up the toe plate, yourself. The minute you weld on it, they'll void that portion of the warranty, too, IMO.

I would be sending it back immediately, with a link to BlueRidgeMark's Speeco toe-plate saga, wherein they shipped the entire beam/toe plate, albeit in REINFORCED, SOLID-STEEL redesigned form (if memory serves).

Maybe mark will shoot you a link to his thread? Wait--I think this is it: http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=74629&highlight=speeco+toe

Does your electric model go vertical, too? I would LOVE an electric, so I could listen to (LIBERAL!) talk radio while splitting--LOL

If you don't mind sharing, what is the approx. price of your splitter?

I like it--IF they reinforce the toe plate and send you a new one.

Love the shed, btw--I do something similar with cinder blocks and a cap, but I got lazy and made the sides out of plastic sheeting--yours is much more appealing to the eye--Great Job!

Big Six

Latest posts

Back