Sprocket nose failer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stihlman441

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Ha guys,
I had a GB sprocket nose seized up on me today not long after i started,anyway at closer inspectoin the tips of the sprocket and nose a badly worn (see pics) i grease my sprockets regulary and i dont bore cut.So whats the go,the bar has done about 120 mtrs of wood and i flip bars often.I have a lot of GB bars and have not seen this before.

Apart from a faulty sprocket I'd say the chain has been running too tight as well.
I've never managed to kill a nose sprocket before on a GB bar. I've killed one on a 42" Husky branded Oregon because I didn't have the oiler wound up enough on my 3120...
I've seen some hammered GB bars/sprockets but never seen one damaged like that :)

The Reason

Just to let you know i sent the failed sprocket back to GB in Melbourne,they said that one of the bearings had popped out which lead to the failyer,and this type of failyer is exstreamly rear.They allso said the most common caurse of failyer is over greasing.

Back