Stacks on a Diesel pickup

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use good sense and character to be different around this place. :ices_rofl:

As far as talking about a man's truck is talking about the man, I think we established that already by pointing out the asine stupidity of men who put stacks on their little yuppie wagons.

I think we'll all agree that you don't take any pride in anything you own. If by some small chance you did then you certainly would not be making the rude comments that you are.

Mr. Mule you can now stay away from this thread, as it obviously does not pertain to you.

Mr. Mule you can now stay away from this thread, as it obviously does not pertain to you.

I do not recognize any authority for you to tell me where to post. And your assertion is a direct 180 from reality--I would not put stacks on my truck because I do take pride in what I own. I'm neither a yuppie nor an idiot.

I do not recognize any authority for you to tell me where to post. And your assertion is a direct 180 from reality--I would not put stacks on my truck because I do take pride in what I own. I'm neither a yuppie nor an idiot.

You're right, you're a lawyer... far worse of an insult than a yuppie or an idiot.

A diesel pickup with stacks is now a "little yuppie wagon". Do tell Mr. Mule, what is it your fat arse graces to and from work / jobs?

I find it very amusing that you claim to be a competent mechanic. You think a 6 inch hole in the bed of a truck is hacked, and welding it shut with either the removed section of bed or sheet metal is a hack job... I suppose you would replace the bed?

Your clearly no tree guy, or mechanic.

As far as the stacks go.. it really depends on the truck & stacks. Ive seen some that looked great, some that looked like yuppie mobiles.

I personally like to fill loud civics with minorities inside up with soot with that window level tailpipe in traffic. Makes me giggle a little watching faces in the mirror.

I realize it's a tough call to take pride your moped. I was not telling you to stay away, more of making a bold statement that this thread has nothing that pertains to your daily transportation - The moped. I'll start a thread so dumb ####s like you will have a place to talk about "stacks on mopeds".

I wouldn't mind a stack on my 96 12v but it's a working truck and I don't want to give up bed space. Also as a working truck I would worry about tree debris, etc. and the danger of fire.

My thoughts also.I like how they sound,just don't see me doing stuff like that anymore. Scott

I used to like the look of stacks on diesel pickups when hardly anybody had them. Now that they are as common as the fart can in the ricer world, I just don't like them. Only way I'd have a stack on my truck is if I was drag racing it or sled pulling it on a regular basis. At the local drag strip that I go to, they have a rule that any diesel pickup that makes any black smoke must have the exhaust exiting straight up. The trucks that race there have a single miter cut stack coming up through the bed. Its a safety concern. Plus it prevents the soot from messing up the timing equipment on the track and the track workers don't like getting covered in soot while they are at work.

Scott

I drive medium sized trucks for a living and a snowplow in the winter..(all dump truck based and in the 56,000lbs class, usually 62,000 with snow gear). Something about stacks on pickups is goofy to me...you would think I would see things the other way..

I drive medium sized trucks for a living and a snowplow in the winter..(all dump truck based and in the 56,000lbs class, usually 62,000 with snow gear). Something about stacks on pickups is goofy to me...you would think I would see things the other way..

If you're overfueling than it is a courtesy of sorts to the traffic around you too I suppose.

How bout we call a truce, If ya like em, use em, if ya dont, leave it stock. Personally I like em, If everyone would just open up their Inj. pumps and point the black smoke straight up, it would speed up the "global warming" process and I wouldnt have to cut near as much wood.

Hey man stop making us 12v owners look like idiots!

Most of what Space has said is right on target.

/

How am i making us look like idiots ?

How was Space right on target ?

Thanks! :cheers:

smoke.jpg

163_0904_02z+weekend_on_the_edge_diesel_truck_event+smoke_stack_exhaust.jpg

So tell me, you winner guys which truck would you prefer to drive next to or behind?

There IS a point to the stacks. Next time someone fills up your wife's minivan with soot taking off from a stoplight maybe it will dawn on you simpletons.

My daily driver/woodhauler is in my signature line. My truck is for transportation and work-period. My toolbox/60 gallon fuel tank takes up enough room in the bed. I can't imagine losing another 8" or so. As for the whole "courtesy to other drivers" bit, that's easy, don't dump gallons of fuel into the engine! Sure it'll get you more power-along with sooted up oil in 1000 miles and single digit fuel mileage! I live in farm country and whenever I see a diesel truck pulling a 5th wheel, snowplowing, or hauling hay, firewood, etc...the regular old exhaust seems to do just fine. It's the "pretty" trucks that all have stacks-those Dodge fellas seem to be the most fond of them.

There IS a point to the stacks. Next time someone fills up your wife's minivan with soot taking off from a stoplight maybe it will dawn on you simpletons.

I told my wife that once we have kids she's getting a diesel Excursion-I refuse to allow a minivan in my driveway.

163_0904_02z+weekend_on_the_edge_diesel_truck_event+smoke_stack_exhaust.jpg

So tell me, you winner guys which truck would you prefer to drive next to or behind?

With all the #### in the box there, it can't be used as a truck anymore. Not even a square tube on the back and tires sticking out past the fenders like that will get you a ticket here in a heart beat.

I can think of a lot better ways to go fast.
Like a fuel altered.
Betcha that Dodge doesn't have the poop to pull all 4 wheels off the ground?

Nanook.jpg

With all the #### in the box there, it can't be used as a truck anymore. Not even a square tube on the back and tires sticking out past the fenders like that will get you a ticket here in a heart beat.

I can think of a lot better ways to go fast.
Like a fuel altered.
Betcha that Dodge doesn't have the poop to pull all 4 wheels off the ground?

Nanook.jpg
Good point, Except, where do ya bolt the Gooseneck hitch?

Good point, Except, where do ya bolt the Gooseneck hitch?

Check what kind of motor the Audi's winning Le Mans races are running, diesel ;)

Show me a better way to run 11 second quarters with a 7000 lb 4x4, I don't care what kind of motor the T bucket has.

Glad to see I made my point with the filling your wives cars up with soot, the stacks have at least SOME purpose.

Back