Sthil MS210C

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbarber55

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just bought a little Sthil 210C for occasional use. I was wondering what some of your opinions were on the saw.
I already went through about 15 tanks of gas, so far so good.
My buddy bought a MS290 junk, after having it in the shop twice,
they gave hima new one. That one was junk also, he brought that one back and got a MS310, so far so good.
Tom

Well if your buddy got a 310 this dealer really knows he has a sucker, since the 310 is nothing but a 290 with 3/8 chain.

210 is a nice little consumer saw. Use it a couple times a year and it should last maybe 5-6 years. If you plan on using it every day it wont set any records.

The 021's weak point in my opinion is the crank. It is only balanced on one side and the rod is punched out of flat stock. I was not impressed with the crank. BUT....:Monkey: I think I have found the solution for that problem. I finished the saw this last week and it ran preaty good right up till .. pop.. the fly wheel key broke:( . The work I had done held up and the saw was quite torky for its size. The machine ground chain on a 16" bar (my partner in crime and I) cut 18 sec. times in 14" square dryed basswood. We both did up and down cuts and stayed in the same range. I will half to take a trip to the local dealer and see if he can help me....:D

Later,
Chris

Back