Stihl 011 Fuel Line replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aptsa

Reaction score
I was given this saw and it starts up fine when you pour gas in the carb but it stalls when gas in carb is burned up. At first I was looking at it and I found a screw in the fuel line. I thought maybe this was the problem so I removed the screw. Well that was a couple months ago. Now I am working on it again and I find that the fuel line is rotten and separated. So now I have a new fuel line to install, however I have lost that screw that was in it. I was told that this screw is probably some kind of a vent? Anyhow I was thinking of just cutting the head off a machine screw as a replacement, but I not sure where it goes. Is this for the air line or the gas line? Any help would be appreciated.

The vent line has the screw in it, often two screws. It goes into the tank top, around behind the cab and exits into the panel behind the clutch drum (into a sponge end).

The fuel line has NO screw, goes right to the bottom of the tank, around the front of the carb and connects to the carb right side.

The correct screw for the vent line is available and very inexpensive. You need to get the stihl fuel/vent line anyhow (must be the right size), so pick the vent kit at the same time, and a new fuel filter.

Latest posts

Back