Stihl 024 AV Super 1149 version IPL

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Haglund

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a really old Stihl 024 AV Super Electronic Quickstop. The serial number starts with 1149. Does anyone have the IPL for that saw?

The inner side plate is missing and I can't figure out if it is supposed to have one or not. There is no obvious hole for the side plate screw that would keep the plate in place. All my other Stihl's have that. This saw has only one bar nut and I believe that's the way it came from the factory.

DSC_0347.JPG

I have a really old Stihl 024 AV Super Electronic Quickstop. The serial number starts with 1149. Does anyone have the IPL for that saw?

The inner side plate is missing and I can't figure out if it is supposed to have one or not. There is no obvious hole for the side plate screw that would keep the plate in place. All my other Stihl's have that. This saw has only one bar nut and I believe that's the way it came from the factory.
The inner side plate appears to have been an option on some versions. However, Stihl did make a press fit side plate that didn't use a screw to hold it on. The old part number is 1122-664-1001. Check the bar cover sandwich and see if it needs the side plate shim in there. I would also add a second bar nut.

I suspect that the cheap and easily replaced side plates were added to prevent damage to the soft, expensive and hard to replace magnesium crankcase from a wayward chain. I would install one if I could. They also generally stay attached much better than the plastic bumpers.

Latest posts

Back