Stihl 024 side tensioner conversion?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think you'd have to mill your case, however maybe not.

I can not say I've ever had a problem with a front tensioner, what happens to yours and do you know what causes it?

I would think you'd have to mill your case, however maybe not.

I can not say I've ever had a problem with a front tensioner, what happens to yours and do you know what causes it?
It is the tensioner itself my dealer has been having problems getting parts due to the pandemic and i found a site that carries the part but i think the steel used is inferior to oem.
keeps stripping the tensioning nub that is on the threaded bolt.

It is the tensioner itself my dealer has been having problems getting parts due to the pandemic and i found a site that carries the part but i think the steel used is inferior to oem.
I likely have a bucketload of those nuts laying around, as well as new ones. Where in KY are you?

How tight do you set it? Do you tighten it more after you lock down your bar?

It is the cover bolts and nuts that hold the bar in place, the tensioner just keeps the bar in place until you can torque down the nuts. The tensioner nub would never be strong enough to hold by itself, even in the sideload format.

How tight do you set it? Do you tighten it more after you lock down your bar?

It is the cover bolts and nuts that hold the bar in place, the tensioner just keeps the bar in place until you can torque down the nuts. The tensioner nub would never be strong enough to hold by itself, even in the sideload format.
Not tight at all and i don't tighten after tightening the bar i run my chain with a little slack
I am just thinking i got a bad tensioner.

Latest posts

Back