Stihl 028 AV Super Wood Boss Master Control Lever question and chain oil pump

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmytarmac

Reaction score
Hi can anyone furnish me with a picture of the trigger/choke assembly in situ as I am having problems after a part rebuild on my 028avs.

What started as just taking the cover off to see why my bar oiler wasnt working has turned into a big job with lots of parts and time being put into this saw. Carb rebuild, new this new that, slight muffler mod whilst I was there. is there anyway of knowing if I have a faulty oil pump or do I just put it all back together and then srtip it apart when it doest work. I have got a new gear for the worm drive as the last one melted, new pump gasket, cleaned all channels from pump to oil tank nice and clean not sure how far the gear sits in the oil pump pictures would help.

As the Stihl 028 AV Super Wood Boss Master Control Lever goes
When i try to engage the choke it doesnt seem to push the tit on the air filter. Spring is good inside air filter. Split pin is there to hold spring in place and nothing as far as I am aware is ther wrong way round

Like I said pictures would be helpfull as this is my first part rebuild
Thanks in advance Tim

Back