Stihl 031AV

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoker37

Reaction score
Hi!!!!!just joined hope someone can help me out .I have a Stihl 0031AV ,i've had the saw a long time and it runs and cuts great.my problem is i recently dropped the saw on the driveway(chainsaw abuse) and busted the gas tank which is metal on the corner of the saw,I've checked with several local dealers and they say the saw is obselete for most parts,i really dont want to just throw it away.so if anyone has one of this type saw parts laying around ,it sure would make my day, thanks .

I used to have an 031AV - in fact, it was one of the two saws that I started my business with. Great saw with good torque for its size - not real high speed though. I used it for stumps (roots and below ground roto-rooting work near the end.) I gave it to a friend to use on his log truck to trim ends, and someone else figured they needed it more than Pogo, and walked away with it.

That is a long way to me saying that there are several people on here who have a bunch of old Stihl saws. Someone will help with a donor. I remember my problems with that saw were recoil related, but the housing was fine. I redid the AV rubbers once, and they were readily available when I did that about 7 years ago.

Oh yeah - I have a friend in BC who was given his dad's pristine 031AV for his own. I saw it - basically brand new. I used it and it ran well. That was only 3 years ago, so he probably Stihl has that saw. I think they were built up to 1974.

I have plenty of 031 parts, & a few new ones, the new ones not ready to part with. I can send you a fuel tank if you run out of opptions.

Stihl 032AV - coil and points/condenser

Tks for the message. This is a Stihl 032AV - the repair guys just suspect it's a coil or possible points/condenser - which need to be replaced. James H. Farrell

You should be able to find the 031 parts you need on eBay. Several vendors sell them on a regular basis. May even want to pick up a whole parts saw so you have a few extra parts when you need them. And then you'll buy another, and then another, and....
Or at least that's the way it worked for me. But my 031 runs again and so do a few of the parts saws.

-John

032av

Thanks, John. My saw is an 032AV. I really only use it around the house - cutting some logs now and then,,, mostly now...then,,....Time marches on, eh??
JHF

Latest posts

Back