Stihl 036 pro cylinder question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njforestfire

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a Stihl 036 pro made in year 2000. Does anyone know if the cylinder has the NiSi coating? It is a stock cylinder from a stock saw. Also does anyone know if NiSi is a 'standard' thing now for Stihl and if so what year they started doing it?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

It is Nikisil plated. Not sure what year they started with it.

That 036 PRO is an awesome saw by the way. Just got one in the mail today...

It is Nikisil plated. Not sure what year they started with it.

If you aren't sure of what year they started the NiSI plating then how could you be sure that mine is??? Just asking!

I know there are aftermarket jugs available that do and don't have the coating available. I just need to make sure what mine is before ordering another jug.

Pro-c...yeah a pretty good saw but still not as good as my Husky 365! (IMHO)

all of the modern/semi-modern stihl saws have nisil coated bores. The stuff has been around for a long time. Mahle has been using it since the mid 60's and up till recently they made all of the cylinders for both Stihl and Husky.

If you aren't sure of what year they started the NiSI plating then how could you be sure that mine is??? Just asking!

I know there are aftermarket jugs available that do and don't have the coating available. I just need to make sure what mine is before ordering another jug.

Pro-c...yeah a pretty good saw but still not as good as my Husky 365! (IMHO)

Because I know that an 026, 036, 046, etc., are all coated with NikSil. The older stuff I got no idea about. Just sayin pal.

Back