• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold STIHL 044 10 MM PHO

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's my understanding that most, if not all OEM pro grade cylinders are NiSi. Most people use OEM because it's known to be of good quality and is much more consistent that most AM parts. The 046 kit made good power stock, but did not do as well once modded. If I'm going to mod a saw for someone, I'm not going to start with parts that may or may not give the best results. It's not worth the risks as a builder. If you're an end user looking to save a few bucks, that's a different story. My biggest concern is the quality of AM pistons. I'll using nothing but Meteor or OEM. Meteor pistons are great.

Thanks for the info... I didn't know you modded that cylinder kit. As I recall, you removed it and sent it to Jeremy.... unless I'm mistaken. If so, I appologize in advance.

Who are you replying to Randy????

Those jugs do pretty damn good properly modded......I've done several. I can get a little more out of an OEM jug, but nothing at all wrong with the Meteor.

This was the first one I did.......it was just to see if it would hold up really. I've added finger ports to it now, and it's still running great.

Had some interest but no one has pulled the trigger yet .

WOULD YOU SEND IT TO ME IN TASMANIA?
AND HOW MUCH WOULD THAT COST ALL UP?

If you can bear with me for a week or so, I have a 10mm that is almost complete. I have shipped to Aus many times and wouldn't mind doing it again. Shipping slightly smaller saws to Australia usually cost $120US or so. I'm not sure how much shipping to Taz would be but I would think it shouldn't be too much more to get it off-shore to you.

Well I am sthil interested can you give me a price shipped to me ? please if its to much trouble I do understand thankyou

Back