• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 046 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok guys- I think this is the last of the primo, early 046 saws I'll ever have. This is another one I got locally. For those of you who've ran the early 046 with the "D" combustion chamber cylinders, you know they'll walk all over an MS-460. This one has the early "D" cylinder and it is in pristine condition. The piston is a new Meteor "A/B" piston with new Caber rings. The cylinder is an "A" cylinder. Bearings are new (OEM on the PTO side, Nachi ZZ on the flywheel side) and seals are new. Fuel system is all new. The tank is the screw-cap style in excellent condition. There's many other new parts and basically, this is a very good example of the 046. I've fitted it with the dual dawgs, new OEM sprocket cover and chain catcher, new OEM handlebar, and aftermarket dual-port muffler cover (OEM is NLA.)

The air filter is a new Stihl HD2 with pre-filter. I'll include the spit-back guard and you can toss it if you like. As you can see, the air filter cover is new. I'm looking to move this PHO but I have some bar and chain combos if needed. I'm asking $640 plus shipping. thanks...

I have the decompression port plugged off for now, but if you want a compression release I'll gladly install one. I have the Elasto-start handle on the starter to help with the recoil shock.

Is this a non decomp ?

Flippy cap sticker;) lol..

Nice saw.. MaClaren had a nice one like this that he sold recently. Great looking classic!!

Wish I could swing it right now.

Is this a non decomp ?

Flippy cap sticker;) lol..

Nice saw.. MaClaren had a nice one like this that he sold recently. Great looking classic!!

Wish I could swing it right now.
Yeah I've got the compression release port plugged, but it wouldn't take me but around 90 seconds to put a new compression release in.

Those stickers- you never can tell when they're going to come on a new cover. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. I think I have a screw-cap sticker for it.

JJ,
In case I ever run across a cheap one of these in my travels, what nomenclature stamped outside of the cylinder designates it as having the D combustion chamber cylinder/being of that era (and could I see it without having to remove the covers)? Really nice saw- as always from you! Thanks, Scott

JJ,
In case I ever run across a cheap one of these in my travels, what nomenclature stamped outside of the cylinder designates it as having the D combustion chamber cylinder/being of that era (and could I see it without having to remove the covers)? Really nice saw- as always from you! Thanks, Scott
There is none.

Someone is going to get a very nice saw for a very good price. Dual port exhaust cover already installed. Go price a new MS461 and you'll see what a value this saw is from a solid guy on AS.
Won't last long.

Back