• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 046 Magnum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any estimates on shipping? I'm on the other side of the world in ct

Do you have any estimates on shipping? I'm on the other side of the world in ct

Figure 15 pounds PHO and then add for the box and packaging material. 20 pounds would be adequate, pick a southern Oregon city (Medford, Grants Pass, etc.) and plug the info into the shipper of choice.

It looks to be In excellent condition . And cut like a beast in the vid . Not sure if I have a use for a 46. Well I'm sure my 66 is overkill for what I do.

I'm curious as to whether or not I have the D cylinder. Looks like I'll be takin' it apart to find out. I had it apart years ago but I didn't pay attention to that detail because I wasn't aware of it's existence at the time. I did notice that someone had done some port work and removed the gasket. The Stihl dealer told me it wasn't a good idea to remove the gasket so I put one in. At the time, I didn't know about measuring squish, so next time around it'll get done right. Sounds like two good reasons for a disassemble to me. ;)

So you basically have to wait until you remove the cylinder to know one way or another for sure?
Actually you can get away with just pulling the muffler and with a very small inspection mirror and a good inspection pen light and a little creativity you can look at the combustion chamber and tell if it is D shaped cylinder with the piston sitting @ BDC,,,,, Just saying

Actually you can get away with just pulling the muffler and with a very small inspection mirror and a good inspection pen light and a little creativity you can look at the combustion chamber and tell if it is D shaped cylinder with the piston sitting @ BDC,,,,, Just saying
Thanks for the info- that's good to know. A lot of times, I run across these in good cond at Pawn shops or Estate sales. They will usually let you pull a muffler, but obviously not a cylinder prior to purchase, so this is useful info. Thanks!

Thanks for the info- that's good to know. A lot of times, I run across these in good cond at Pawn shops or Estate sales. They will usually let you pull a muffler, but obviously not a cylinder prior to purchase, so this is useful info. Thanks!
I just pulled out my 1999 vintage 046 and I believe if the mirror is small enough all you have to pull is the muffler front cover,,, the opening in the baffle appears to be plenty big enough I will try to get a pic tomorrow

Ok guys- I think this is the last of the primo, early 046 saws I'll ever have. This is another one I got locally. For those of you who've ran the early 046 with the "D" combustion chamber cylinders, you know they'll walk all over an MS-460. This one has the early "D" cylinder and it is in pristine condition. The piston is a new Meteor "A/B" piston with new Caber rings. The cylinder is an "A" cylinder. Bearings are new (OEM on the PTO side, Nachi ZZ on the flywheel side) and seals are new. Fuel system is all new. The tank is the screw-cap style in excellent condition. There's many other new parts and basically, this is a very good example of the 046. I've fitted it with the dual dawgs, new OEM sprocket cover and chain catcher, new OEM handlebar, and aftermarket dual-port muffler cover (OEM is NLA.)

The air filter is a new Stihl HD2 with pre-filter. I'll include the spit-back guard and you can toss it if you like. As you can see, the air filter cover is new. I'm looking to move this PHO but I have some bar and chain combos if needed. I'm asking $640 plus shipping. thanks...

Have a friend of mine interested. Sent a conversation request to you. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back