Stihl 066 Magnum for $200?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGiggles

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Today I saw an 066 Mag at a garage sale for 200.00. It was in kind of rough shape but it did run good. Powerhead only.

My question is that good deal? If I bought it it would only be to clean it up and resell. What is the going rate for these now?

I'm about to go get it now, hoping and praying it's still there. Pics on arrival.

Good Lord, get off the forum and go get that saw. Offer him $150 and if he won't go below $200, pay him the money and get that saw! You'll be lucky if it's still there.

If I had stopped in at that sale it would have been gone, no questions asked.LOL . The 066`s usually bring over $500. in decent running shape.
I have been very lucky and have two great runners with less than $300. invested in them but wouldn`t hesitate grabbibg one for $200.
Pioneerguy600

Went there and got it! When I went there the first time I asked if they would go down but they were firm on 200.

The first thing I did when I got home was fire it up and started on the first pull. It's kind of rough on the outside but it runs like a top.

The guy who worked on it was there, I talked to him about it and from the looks of it he made the saw from several others. He thinks the recoil and clutch cover are from an 064.

Unfortunately I'm not in the financial situation right now to keep it for long, so I will give a once over, clean it and hopefully sell it and make some money.

Pics as I promised.
000_1371.jpg

000_1370.jpg

000_1372.jpg

Just gave it a once over and the P/C is mint. Tons of compression, runs great. I will probably clean it some, and monday I will take a trip to my local dealer and see what a new B/C will cost since none of mine will fit.

Awesome score man! You could EASILY double your money THIS MINUTE by cleaning it a little and putting it on the trading post here on AS. Even without a bar and chain!

OR, if you really wanted to go all out, Get the bar and chain for it, strip it down and do a full bore cleaning on it. Then take some pics, or better yet Vid's of it tearin' into some big wood, and you'd be........Well, you'd be addicted is what you'd be. Addicted to the power! And it's then you'd realize you never wanted to part with a saw of that magnitude!

Be Careful!

Murf

Alright guys, I want this thing gone now so it's not so painful to see it go.

As of now 450.00 OBO. I am going to go clean the recoil cover up some and anything else I can get to.

Thanks for all the help.

Alright guys, I want this thing gone now so it's not so painful to see it go.

As of now 450.00 OBO. I am going to go clean the recoil cover up some and anything else I can get to.

Thanks for all the help.

I'll give you 99$ for that old gummy piece.

I don`t see an 066 in your lineup, that needs to be corrected sir.
Pioneerguy600 :cheers:

Yeah, but I won't have his $450 until Tuesday or Wednesday, and this one ain't gonna hang around that long. :(

I'd love to strap that new Sugi 32-inch on it and let 'er rip, Jerry! :D

Last edited:
i sold one on ebay a week or two ago in a little cleaner shape and put a 450 buy it now on it and it was gone in 2 hours. i had an old bar and chain on it but the owner was ticked to get it for 450 . id say 400 powerhead only and shell be gone quick

I just cleaned it up a little bit, looks real nice now.

I may take some updated pics and a video of it running, to promote the sale.

Latest posts

Back