Stihl 066 MS660 power up kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry to dig up this thread but i would like to have the part numbers for al the parts. Thanks

if i get the bigger diameter exhaust port for my saw, do i have to have the gasket?

if i get the bigger diameter exhaust port for my saw, do i have to have the gasket?

Gasket? Do you mean the gasket between the muffler and the cylinder (1125 149 0601) or the gasket between the two muffler halves (1122 149 0500) ?

The gasket between the muffler and cylinder is reusable, but I put in a new one.

The 0603 comes ready to install, and uses no gasket between the two halves.

Hope that helps.

Bought this Mod, Saw Tuning Tips

I just bought this muffler mod (whole package).

Both dealers in my area have not heard of it so they have never installed one.

Questions:

1. How do you tune the carb after it is installed?
2. How can you tell if you are running too lean and too hot?
2. How much richer did you start out at, I believe you said you needed to go 1-1/2 turns on the H, my saw is a 2008, will I need that much and have to change the jet like you did?
3. Did you tune the saw under load?
4. Did you test for a percentage increase in rpm? My stock 660 has a 25" bar and was tuned at 19,500 rpm after it was broken in. How much rpm increase can be expected. This would be great information for the dealer.

The dealer said since it is a stihl part, they would go ahead and install it, but I have had dealers make wrong moves before.

Just want to be safe.

Thanks for your precious knowledge.

Latest posts

Back