Stihl 066 new to me. Need help...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that indicates that you have the original, unlimited coil--very desirable.

I still maintain that you could sell the saw at a profit to a collector on here. Those saws are very sought-after, but are also getting old. So they require some TLC to keep running. If it gets an air leak and scorches the piston & cylinder, there goes a significant chunk of resale value.

Don't quote me on the coil stuff... I do t own a red light 066 and am just going from memory. Someone will chime in with more details.
Well heck for the right price it's down the road. I'm not attached to it by any means. I just really want a saw to cut firewood with and drop trees faster than my ms 290. Great saw but lacks the power I desire.
Now taking offers.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Over time the red light coil will slow and instead of 13k it is probably limited much slower than that by now.

You need a id say.

I have several of them but id put a regular coil on it instead.

Hahaaaa all the time. Coil cause smoke?

Oh wow is that an easy thing to fix?

Okay so I got to thinking today and I'm wondering if the smoke coming from the saw is not the coil but the fact it was on it's side cutting a slab? Is that possible?

It's smoking because the coil has it limited to low and that makes it overly rich and that makes smoke.

Latest posts

Back